HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hello from NY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 am

Not only will you get to meet Sean (DoverPipes) at the HVPC but you will be surrounded by the most talented and numerous American Pipe Carvers in the USA all belonging to one club. Bill Feuerbach, Paul Bonacquisti, Rolando Negoita, Joe Skoda and I'm sure I'm leaving someone else out.
 Very Happy 
Andy C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaveyNY

Registration date : 2014-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Fri May 16, 2014 9:49 am

Andy,

I am having a tough time finding a home page. Can you send me a link or PM me a contact person please?

Thanks much

David NY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Fri May 16, 2014 9:58 am

Dave,
I don't know if they have a web address for the club.
Best to PM Sean (DoverPipes) for any information.

I belong to the SHPC (Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club of Boston) and if you wish to read some of our newsletters at this link, feel free. And you are welcome to join us at any time you are in the area.

http://www.shpcboston.org/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Fri May 16, 2014 9:58 am

DaveyNY wrote:
Ok very cool

Sooooo... I'll look you guys up online. Feel free to email me any info as well and hope one of you can teach me to successfully smoke flakes without having to rub them out!

David

No website for HVPC.  No 
Before I was a member, the club had an old AOL web page, which is long since gone.
We meet on the first Wednesday of each month, either in Newburgh or Pleasant Valley. Occasionally, we'll head out to shows or other events in the area. I was very fortunate to have met the fellas of the HVPC! Prior to them finding me, I would hang around with only a couple of "part time pipe smokers" who weren't as interested in the "hobby".

The club also "sponsors" the annual Northeast Regional Pipe Smoking Contest, which is hosted by club member, Bill Feuerbach (KWGuy here on B.O.B.)  at the S.M. Frank Pipe Factory (Kaywoodie) in Peekskill, NY. The event includes a nice dinner, pipes & tobaccos for sale, as well as the aforementioned "Slow Smoke" pipe contest.

You are more than welcome to shoot me a PM and I can give you more details or if you just want to hang out for a smoke.......

Sean aka "DoverPipes"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Fri May 16, 2014 10:05 am

PS: Andy and the Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club are a nice bunch of fellas! Stand up gentlemen indeed!

In case you didn't know, Andy sells some really nice pipes & tobaccos at great prices. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me saying that! He is also a regular on E-Bay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/charatn/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

Disclaimer: I make this endorsement freely without any compensation. I don't do that often! Andy is really that honest & good! king
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
docwatson

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY   Fri May 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Sean,
Thank You so much for the kind words and reference.  Embarassed 
You're making me blush. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes