HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Dan Pipe Burglary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Dan Pipe Burglary   Sat May 17, 2014 6:01 am

Just saw this on Dan Pipe shop after seeing a post on SF about it, some thieving toad(s) have broken into Dan Pipes and stolen some distinctive goods, have a butchers here:

http://www.danpipe.de/diebstahl

If you see any of these on forums or fleabay would you be so kind as to inform Dan Pipe where you saw them, these thieving scoundrels should be dealt with by the Police.

No affiliation, just hate to see this sort of thing going down in the pipe community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Dan Pipe Burglary   Sat May 17, 2014 8:54 am

Eyes peeled.
Not sure they'll be on the Bay though, they seem to be all at the high end of Dan's inventory and they will always be more noticeable than if they were trying to offload cheaper pipes.
Have you posted this on the PipeSmokersForum?
If not then I will, just let me know.

Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Dan Pipe Burglary   Sat May 17, 2014 10:16 am

I haven't Adam, feel free to spread the word, they're most likely to try to move them privately but they could well try shifting them on fleabay or even on pipe smoker forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Dan Pipe Burglary   Sat May 17, 2014 12:55 pm

PipeSmokersForum informed.

Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Dan Pipe Burglary   Sat May 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Those are some amazing looking pipes. Breathtaking to say the least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Dan Pipe Burglary   Sat May 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Can't imagine those would be easy to sell. Real shame to see this happening in our little community. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Dan Pipe Burglary   Sun May 18, 2014 11:21 am

Briar Spirit wrote:
Just saw this on Dan Pipe shop after seeing a post on SF about it, some thieving toad(s) have broken into Dan Pipes and stolen some distinctive goods, have a butchers here:

http://www.danpipe.de/diebstahl

If you see any of these on forums or fleabay would you be so kind as to inform Dan Pipe where you saw them, these thieving scoundrels should be dealt with by the Police.

No affiliation, just hate to see this sort of thing going down in the pipe community.

In der Nacht vom 12. auf 13. Mai 2014 wurde die DAN PIPE von Einbrechern heimgesucht. Es wurden unter anderem diverse Handmade Individualpfeifen entwendet.

Es wäre möglich, dass die Diebe diese Pfeifen über das Internet „an den Mann zu bringen“ versuchen werden, z. B. über e-bay. Glücklicherweise wurden alle Pfeifen für die Präsentation in unserem Online Shop fotografisch dokumentiert. Nachfolgend sind alle entwendeten Pfeifen und ihre Abbildungen zur Ansicht gelistet. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn Sie als unsere Kunden einen Blick darauf werfen und uns, falls Sie das eine oder andere Stück in einem anderweitigen Online-Angebot entdecken sollten, uns davon in Kenntnis zu setzen.

Außerdem wurden aus dem persönlichen Bestand von Herrn Frickert ca. 25 von Les Wood handgefertigte "Gallery" Silberringe verschiedener Durchmesser entwendet.

In the night of 12 on May 13, 2014 DAN PIPE was hit by burglars. There, among other various Handmade were stolen Individual pipes.

It would be possible that the thieves on the Internet "to bring to the man" these pipes will try, for example via e-bay. Fortunately, all the pipes were photographically documented for presentation in our online shop. Subsequently, all the stolen pipes and their pictures are listed for viewing. We would be delighted if you, as our customers take a look at it and us, if you should discover a thing or two pieces in a otherwise online offering to notify us thereof.

Also, were stolen from the personal inventory of Mr. Frickert about 25 handmade by Les Wood "Gallery" silver rings of different diameters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Dan Pipe Burglary   Sun May 18, 2014 12:16 pm

This is obviously a case for the much-esteemed Sherlock Holmes, of London. Lacking his presence, it's time for some worthless speculation. It's hard to believe the thieves are anyone other than someone involved in the hobby, sad to say. What "civilian" would steal pipes, of all things? Ninety-two per cent of people aren't even aware that anyone still smokes the things. I have ruled out myself as a suspect, since I haven't been in Germany for decades. Hope the villain is caught, and spends his time in jail being the butt of jokes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Dan Pipe Burglary   Sun May 18, 2014 4:15 pm

What absolute vermin would do such a thing? Anyone who has been smoking pipes for more than a few months grows to cherish their pipes and associate them with special occasions or unique experiences. The thought of being reminded of a crime every time I lit a pipe would abolish any enjoyment I could ever have from that pipe. I know its not logical, but I have to believe this was someone looking for something to fence. Especially given that they took silver rings. I know nothing of Dan pipe, but I would guess they are, like so many B&M shops, just staying afloat. Hopefully they can recoup some of the loss from insurance and stay in business.
Mike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q

Dan Pipe Burglary
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1