HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The title of this video is intriguing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: The title of this video is intriguing   Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:52 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The title of this video is intriguing   Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:18 pm

You'd only know how to do that if you grew up with a canoe as your main form of transportation.  cheers 

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The title of this video is intriguing   Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:23 pm

Pretty impressive. I would have had to see it to believe it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The title of this video is intriguing   Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:54 pm

williamcharles wrote:
Pretty impressive. I would have had to see it to believe it.
WHAT?  Twisted Evil  You just SAW it !!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: The title of this video is intriguing   Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:01 am

Damn! I've been canoeing for over 45 years and was a wilderness canoe guide up on Isle Royale, the Everglades, and numerous rivers in the south, but never saw anyone do that with an Old Town or old Sawyer Kevlar. I've rolled canoes on occasion, but with 400+ pounds of gear strapped in it, I doubt I could ever learn to do that. Though, even if it was empty and the water wasn't 37 degrees, I'm sure I couldn't do that. Laughing 

That was something.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flyguy

Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The title of this video is intriguing   Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:05 am

Nice trick! I don't think this would work with our canoes... only a wooden dugout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The title of this video is intriguing   Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Natch wrote:
Damn!  I've been canoeing for over 45 years and was a wilderness canoe guide up on Isle Royale, the Everglades, and numerous rivers in the south, but never saw anyone do that with an Old Town or old Sawyer Kevlar.  I've rolled canoes on occasion, but with 400+ pounds of gear strapped in it, I doubt I could ever learn to do that.  Though, even if it was empty and the water wasn't 37 degrees, I'm sure I couldn't do that. Laughing 

That was something.

Natch

Hey Natch, I too have been paddling for a number of years. Having studied this video and having tried similar tricks, I believe her success is down to the shape of the hull. An Old Town (or similar) is flat bottomed but the dug out in the video is rounded and that, I believe, makes all difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The title of this video is intriguing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1