HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Antique radios - Anyone collect/restore? show them

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smokey-smokey

Smokey-smokey

Registration date : 2014-02-03

Antique radios - Anyone collect/restore? show them Empty
PostSubject: Antique radios - Anyone collect/restore? show them   Antique radios - Anyone collect/restore? show them EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Sometime ago my wife's grandma sold her house, and everything in it. Looking at the stuff she was selling I came across this little radio and had to have it. This isn't mine, just one like it.

Antique radios - Anyone collect/restore? show them _1

Mine is in great shape and works flawlessly. Sound quality was surprisingly good, and there is just something about an antique radio that speaks to me (no pun intended). From a collector's stand point this isn't very valuable (10-20 bucks on ebay). I am guessing this is a transistor radio, but I don't want to open it and confirm. I had kids 5 years ago so I put it away when they started walking, then forgot I had it. I found it last week and put it in my mancave and suddenly got an interest in antique radios, specifically tube radios.

I have been looking on ebay at working 1940's - 1960's tube radios, especially those art deco ones that look like the front of a car. Boy, would I love to have one in my mancave, but they aren't cheap when they are in good condition.

Anyone here restore/collect? can you share some pictures and info?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Antique radios - Anyone collect/restore? show them
Page 1 of 1