HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

For JP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: For JP   Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:57 am

A glimpse into the future - it's the only thing that will be available to smoke after the tobacco nazis get the planet-wide ban enacted. Take a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Supreme-Pan-Parag-Pan-Masala-100-grams_W0QQitemZ220299765313QQihZ012QQcategoryZ596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I went to a hindu translation module and translated the name on the can into english, the translation reads "Guru Raji Oombaba's W A L N U T" Shocked

Benjamin Button

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: For JP   Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:10 am

Actually, pan masala is not meant to be smoked. It's a mixture that is typically served in India after dinner to cleanse the palate and freshen the mouth. Kind of how we have breath mints and tooth picks on the way out of most American restaurants, Indian restaurants have a small bowl of pan masala to cleanse the mouth. It's actually quite tasty, but I surely wouldn't smoke it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: For JP   Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:48 am

Then why does it say "Contains no tobacco"? scratch ... And it was listed in the pipes section on EBay, that's how I can across it.

Benjamin Button

PostSubject: Re: For JP   Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:16 pm

I think they are offering it as an alternative to chewing tobacco for those looking to quit. It does have a slightly minty menthol type flavor to it, so I could see it as a replacement, although the texture is entirely different and there is no spitting required.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: For JP   Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:23 pm

Apparently, some versions of pan masala include tobacco:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-pan-masala.htm

Tobacco or not, it's a moot point, as the betel nut in the stuff is also subject to nanny-state crackdowns in SE Asia.

(Anyway, I thought the consensus here was that Walnut was also not meant to be smoked. Cool )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Benjamin Button

PostSubject: Re: For JP   Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:35 pm

Interesting!

I did not know that. Good info right there. Thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: For JP   Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Maybe JP will just have to go old school and resort to smoking walnut husks and shells Laughing

I'm a corn silk man myself

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: For JP   Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:12 pm

A concoction of dried leaves, deer tongue, and chopped up tobacco stems in a cob smokes pretty well! lol! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: For JP   Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:08 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Maybe JP will just have to go old school and resort to smoking walnut husks and shells Laughing

I'm a corn silk man myself

Home grown baccy, I've growed it before and I can grow it again! Shocked Very Happy

Rabbit baccy, corn silks, I smoked plenty of it when I was ah young'n! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

For JP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: