HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

CUSTOMER SERVICE AT IWAN RIES? (UPDATE)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rad Davis

Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE AT IWAN RIES? (UPDATE)   Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:50 pm

My favorite employee response when I ask if their store carries an item: "If you don't see it, then we don't have it." Evil or Very Mad

Rad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raddavispipes.com/pipes.htm
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE AT IWAN RIES? (UPDATE)   Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:10 pm

I've had the if you can't find it we don't have it one a lot at Lowes. I was looking for a buffing wheel a few weeks back and got that one, found buffing wheels after a while but they weren't the correct size.Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE AT IWAN RIES? (UPDATE)   Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:28 pm

"If it aint on the selves, we're out of them!" Is the ultimate of laziness and I run into it
all the time when I go to most stores. Most everyone wants to do the minimum of work nowadays for there pay, God forbid they had to really work for a living. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE AT IWAN RIES? (UPDATE)   Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:02 am

Counterpoint: customers asking me if I had anything in the "back room" when I worked at costco. There is no back room. That is why there are giant racks all around the store.

Ignorance and poor manners exist on both sides in retail. The difference between someone who can hack it and those who can't in such fields is the ability to "reset" yourself every day. (For me, it is every time I have a new table sit down in my station when waiting tables). I have to hit the standards that are expected of me, to provide an experience that makes a customer want to come back.

Coming closer to the point here, since we are picking on Best Buy, is that there is no way they pay enough money to retain the people that actually are able to hit these standards day in and day out. Anyone with that sort of charisma is out of there, onward and upward (better job, school, however it happens). The employers of those that are complacent with the sub $10 an hour pay are in a catch 22. Anyone that is willing to work for that rate has no business interacting with the public, but to keep overhead low, please the stockholders, whatever, there is no way that a wage will be paid to retain the kind of people you need to keep more customers happy. I am not saying pay these jerks more money and they start performing better, but if you offer better pay, you receive more applications, and you can be more selective in filling a specific number of positions, and the people you do hire are more likely to be retained (with proper advancement/ raises/ bonuses, however you have to make it work). Now if this process was sustained, then you would end up with more pleased customers, thus more return business, then you are working at a higher volume and making more money over time.

It is hard to convince a public company that this can work, because they always look at margins.
It is tough to say we did x in sales at this margin, or we would have to increase to 2x at a higher margin to make the same money, and the higher sales would be going to the employees rather than the execs or the stockholders.

Even further delving into the issues in our society, most people are no longer taught how to interact with other human beings face to face in real life, so the labor pool for customer service jobs is going to be in a tough spot as the generation that never had to live without cellphones is now finishing college. The Iphone was released in 2007. In 2023, the 16 year olds that will be getting summer jobs have had a mobile smart device shoved in their face since the day they were born.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CUSTOMER SERVICE AT IWAN RIES? (UPDATE)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: