HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need local community guidance.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bentbulldog

bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Need local community guidance. Empty
PostSubject: Need local community guidance.   Need local community guidance. EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Hello brothers,

Wasnt sure if this was the right place to put this but...
As i travel back from a wonderful Pennsylvania vacation, and week of pipe smoking every day, I started to think about how I learned how to smoke a pipe.

My neighbor was a good fellow and got me into the hobby but its been 12 yrs since I packed my first pipe. What ive learned about packing, or filling as i try to think of it, was through the wisdom and advice available on the internet.

As useful as it is, pipe smoking is a tactile event. Like cooking a steak, it isnt something you learn just by reading. Experience is great, but practice doesnt necessarily mean perfect.

I am looking for an experienced pipe smoker in my area who would be willing to have me share a smoke with but to assess and guide my technique. I am the only pipe smoker I know here. BoB is the one place I trust with this
Type of request.

Many thanks to you all for the consideration.
Back to top Go down
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Need local community guidance.   Need local community guidance. EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:50 pm

I work at JFK. I'm close to where you are. I'd be up for a smoke! I also belong to the "Hudson Valley Pipe Club". We meet in Newburgh & Pleasant Valley. That might be a hike for you though....

How about hooking up with our very own B.O.B. member, Lou Carbone aka "Skaukatt" aka "President of the New York Pipe Club"?

http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com/

What say you, Lou?
You're in Queens aren't you??? king 

We are all around, you just have to ask! Razz
Back to top Go down
bentbulldog

bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Need local community guidance.   Need local community guidance. EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:51 pm

Thank you Doverpipes, That would be awesome!

I remember Lou from waaay back when i think Vernon was president. He was the nicest of all the members, even bought me a drink. Though i never followed up with anyone. Due a bit to embarrassment.

Newburgh would be a hike, but Im sure we can think of a way thats more local. I do live in Queens.
Back to top Go down

Need local community guidance.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: