HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Yeah, That's what I said, "Antique Electric Fans". Being that they were around in the late 1890's makes them antique, in fact before electricity there were Water powered fans, desk top and ceiling. Anyway, was just wondering if we had any collectors of them here being I use to collect and restore them, still have about a dozen of the dad burn things hang'en around yet too. Let me know. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
docwatson

avatar

Location : Central Massachusetts and midcoast Maine
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:42 pm

I've got an oldie on the cellar workbench that I've been meaning to get to fixin' but it hasn't been a priority. I really like the ones with the old brass blades. A collector I am not but I love old stuff, cause I'm old!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:01 pm

docwatson wrote:
I've got an oldie on the cellar workbench that I've been meaning to get to fixin' but it hasn't been a priority. I really like the ones with the old brass blades. A collector I am not but I love old stuff, cause I'm old!!!
lol!

I reckon we're in the same boat Doc!
What I really get a kick out of, is when someone will call something an antique when it's something from my own time era. I tell them, if it aint older then me it aint a antique yet.

What brand and size fan ya got Doc? Would love to see it. It's older then me isn't it! Suspect
Here's one I restored customized awhile back.....it's younger then you both of us.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
docwatson

avatar

Location : Central Massachusetts and midcoast Maine
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Mine is back up in Maine. i will be here in Taxachusetts for another week, so no photos of it until then but it's pretty similar to the one in your photo, just needs restoring/cleaning. A d youare correct, if it's not older than me it's not antique!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:50 am

OOPS! I just noticed I posted this thread in Village Charter and not "Round Table" where I thought I had.
The Mods can delete or move it if you all wish. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:23 pm

Thank you sirs for moving the thread and sorry for the trouble.
Must have been look'en in one direction and click'en the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
docwatson wrote:
I've got an oldie on the cellar workbench that I've been meaning to get to fixin' but it hasn't been a priority. I really like the ones with the old brass blades. A collector I am not but I love old stuff, cause I'm old!!!
lol!

I reckon we're in the same boat Doc!
What I really get a kick out of, is when someone will call something an antique when it's something from my own time era. I tell them, if it aint older then me it aint a antique yet.

What brand and size fan ya got Doc? Would love to see it. It's older then me isn't it! Suspect
Here's one I restored customized awhile back.....it's younger then you both of us.


I imagine you've got a pipe or two that MATCH that fan? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:14 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
docwatson wrote:
I've got an oldie on the cellar workbench that I've been meaning to get to fixin' but it hasn't been a priority. I really like the ones with the old brass blades. A collector I am not but I love old stuff, cause I'm old!!!
lol!

I reckon we're in the same boat Doc!
What I really get a kick out of, is when someone will call something an antique when it's something from my own time era. I tell them, if it aint older then me it aint a antique yet.

What brand and size fan ya got Doc? Would love to see it. It's older then me isn't it! Suspect
Here's one I restored customized awhile back.....it's younger then you both of us.


I imagine you've got a pipe or two that MATCH that fan? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Don't I wish! But, now that you've brought it up, maybe I can paint one to match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
mark
Admin
avatar

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Thank you sirs for moving the thread and sorry for the trouble.
Must have been look'en in one direction and click'en the other.

No problem. That's why I get the big bucks.

I probably shouldn't tell you, but about 15 years ago my friend bought a 55 Chevy nomad to restore. It had probably 20 old fans stuffed in the back,,,which we took to the dump. They were pay fans. You had to insert a nickel in the slot on the back to turn them on. We had no idea anyone collected old fans.

_________________
.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:58 pm

mark wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Thank you sirs for moving the thread and sorry for the trouble.
Must have been look'en in one direction and click'en the other.

No problem. That's why I get the big bucks.

I probably shouldn't tell you, but about 15 years ago my friend bought a 55 Chevy nomad to restore. It had probably 20 old fans stuffed in the back,,,which we took to the dump. They were pay fans. You had to insert a nickel in the slot on the back to turn them on. We had no idea anyone collected old fans.

Oh Gees! I wish you hadn't told me. Those go for, restored about $1200 to $800 depending on model and brand.

Tell me NO more sir.

Here's a GE coin op a good friend of mine restored awhile back and I think he sold it for around $1500.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
gravel

avatar

Age : 43
Location : Oregon
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:11 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
mark wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Thank you sirs for moving the thread and sorry for the trouble.
Must have been look'en in one direction and click'en the other.

No problem. That's why I get the big bucks.

I probably shouldn't tell you, but about 15 years ago my friend bought a 55 Chevy nomad to restore. It had probably 20 old fans stuffed in the back,,,which we took to the dump. They were pay fans. You had to insert a nickel in the slot on the back to turn them on. We had no idea anyone collected old fans.

Oh Gees! I wish you hadn't told me. Those go for, restored about $1200 to $800 depending on model and brand.

Tell me NO more sir.

Here's a GE coin op a good friend of mine restored awhile back and I think he sold it for around $1500.
I'm sure Mark wishes you hadn't told him. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:44 am

Those are cool. So where did they use coin-operated fans? A bordello?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?   Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:53 am

Richard Burley wrote:
Those are cool.  So where did they use coin-operated fans?  A bordello?

Yeah, I suppose that be one place and of course hotels and motels and maybe pay toilets. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
 
Any Antique Electric Fan Collectors Here?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: