HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipes and Cigars Catalog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:34 pm

I may be in the minority, but there is just something about having a paper catalog in your hands that is nice and comforting. No, I don't have much interest in many of the blends and pipes offered. Or the cigars. God knows I have plenty of those. But it is nice to see the products. The work done to try to catch the reader's eye. The extra work to take pictures of the flakes and coins. Well done! sunny

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Good catalog. I stopped using P&C a couple of years ago. They got to the point of screwing up every order I made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:14 am

Nothing like a real catalog to dig through. I keep them all in a box, for when I'm feeling nostalgic. Sure most of what's offered isn't to my taste but its still fun to look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:59 am

I agree. I see things that I wouldn't have come across online. I come back to it here and there, it feels, legit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:33 am

As you would expect, I've told them several times to stop sending me there garbage..........
they haven't so it gets circular filed.
Maybe if it had more then one page of pipe tobacco,etc. I'd at least be interested enough to look at it.....but, still not purchase from them. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:02 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
As you would expect, I've told them several times to stop sending me there garbage..........
Maybe if it had more then one page of pipe tobacco,etc. I'd at least be interested enough to look at it.....but, still not purchase from them. Wink

We must get different catalogs as the latest I got yesterday had 52 pages out of 54 of tobacco !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:34 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

We must get different catalogs as the latest I got yesterday had 52 pages out of 54 of tobacco !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The ones I get from them are the same, full of pipe tobacco. I order from them couple of big orders a year and also love having the print catalog. Flip through them regularly even though I know what is in it. Love the pictures!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Used to get 3-4 cigar catalogs/month. Unsubscribed to all of them, as I left that world behind.

But yes, I did always look forward to them back in the day. Including and especially the JR catalogs when Lew was in his prime, and un-pc best!!

Wink

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Clay

Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:18 pm

I love getting the reading material,  even though I can look at the same on the Internet. I'm old school when it comes to reading, paper! I haven't ordered anything from P&C in some time, but I still get the catalog. Sometimes it's within a few days of expiring.  I sent an email a week or two ago for the MM catalog, can't wait for that.  My favorite  one to read is Pipes & Tobacco. It came a couple of weeks ago,  but I have yet to take the plastic off it. Once I open it, I know I have to wait a few months to receive another. I have the Dunhill Pipe book I've read over and over, I guess I need to pick up the other books out there relating to our hobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dix Creek

Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:38 am

Wish more people sent them out, especially if they are filled with good pics. It is nice to look at different products and the way they are displayed or described. But then again I like getting seed catalogs and knife catalogs as well. I don't have to buy anything and it cost me nothing to look. I guess it is indeed a laborious task to heft a large catalog out of the mailbox though!!! Like they say Haters gonna Hate. Guess some of us will help pack some to the grave, but only if a luncheon is provided!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Between my husband and I we get 4-5 pipe/cigar catalogs a month. Then we fight over them to see who gets to look at them first......same thing happens when I get my Saveur every month Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
gkhanna74

Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Catalog   Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:10 am

I also enjoy reading through the actual, physical catalogs of p and c or JR or other pipe/cigar companies. The JR catalog is not anything like it was under Lew---it is less entertaining now. I still order from p and c, even though they once didn't mention that much of what I ordered was on back order. Their prices for bulk home and hearth blends are too attractive to ignore
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pipes and Cigars Catalog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: