HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Won a Chili Cookoff today!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Won a Chili Cookoff today!   Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:10 am

Congratulations on your win. Making good chili in Texas is a must. Yours sounds really terrific.
Now smoke a pipe in honor of your win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Won a Chili Cookoff today!   Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:59 am

ajn27511 wrote:
I usually shy away from controversial matters concerning food but I haven't ticked anyone off all week so I figure what the heck... The beef brisket smoked over a slow burning mesquite fire for 12-14 hours has to be one of the best things I've ever eaten but it isn't real BBQ. Real BBQ is made from whole hog pork cooked over a oak wood fire for 10-12 hours while being basted in a vinegar based sauce. You can only find it where the real BBQ is made and that's in Eastern North Carolina. Just a fact of life so deal with it.

Now to settle the chilli question. Real chilli and I mean the best on the planet is available at one place and one place only on certain days of the year. Those are cold snowy days with the temperature 30 degrees or lower and you have to be at my house to get it. Don't even think about asking what's in it because I'm not saying but anyone that has ever had the privilege of having a bowl will swear it's the best they ever had. I will tell you one ingredient that really makes it special...mushrooms! Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.

OK you can flame away now not that it will change the facts as I've stated them. BTW Congrats JP.

This ought to stir the pot. lol! lol! lol!

AJ

No problem AJ. As EVERYONE KNOWS, BBQ is ONLY made from BEEF Brisket cooked over Mesquite and Oak fire for 12 / 14 hours, basted with its OWN juices and maybe a little KETCHUP lol! lol!
AS far as CHILI goes , the best I ever had was in a small Cantina just south of San Louis Potosi back in '66 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Won a Chili Cookoff today!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2