HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:09 pm

DrT999 wrote:
OUT FOR DELIVERY?! STUPID {~!#*^#@ USPS!

Just checked mine.... SAME THING....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Looks like our beloved yet evil USPS has some tricks of their own!

View user profile
mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:16 pm

WarlockBob wrote:
Aha!!! And thus, I have finally been unmasked!

It was a great pleasure to be the butcher. I quite enjoyed destroying Josh's taste buds with a pound of Black Irish X. bom

I cannot begin to describe how hard it was for me to keep quiet about my identity. Even more fun was to hear and everyone's guesses!!

I definitely had fun, and I hope everyone else did too!
I should have just guessed last night. The beer, shaving & IT references were enough, but I was too slow on the draw. Too busy watching the Giants take down the Royals! Rolling Eyes

Well done throwing everyone off and trying to knock me out with that rope!  drunken Twisted Evil But serious thanks for some really great baccy!!! Very generous of you! What was the reference to the moon & secret lair though? Is that just reference to your handle?

Congrats MichaelM! That is a really wicked looking pipe! Let us all know how it smokes!

And of course thanks Ocelot55 for being the ringleader!

I had fun too! Now, let's see the unsuspecting sucker get leveled! bom (Oh and sorry to the target, it's nothing but treat here! I'm not as sneaky/evil as WarlockBob! Laughing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Bomb is en route and on target!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:35 pm

mejoshee wrote:
WarlockBob wrote:
Aha!!! And thus, I have finally been unmasked!

It was a great pleasure to be the butcher. I quite enjoyed destroying Josh's taste buds with a pound of Black Irish X. bom

I cannot begin to describe how hard it was for me to keep quiet about my identity. Even more fun was to hear and everyone's guesses!!

I definitely had fun, and I hope everyone else did too!
I should have just guessed last night. The beer, shaving & IT references were enough, but I was too slow on the draw. Too busy watching the Giants take down the Royals! Rolling Eyes

Well done throwing everyone off and trying to knock me out with that rope!  drunken Twisted Evil But serious thanks for some really great baccy!!! Very generous of you! What was the reference to the moon & secret lair though? Is that just reference to your handle?

Congrats MichaelM! That is a really wicked looking pipe! Let us all know how it smokes!

And of course thanks Ocelot55 for being the ringleader!

I had fun too! Now, let's see the unsuspecting sucker get leveled! bom (Oh and sorry to the target, it's nothing but treat here! I'm not as sneaky/evil as WarlockBob! Laughing)

Ha! I'm glad you enjoy it all!! The reference to the moon is more or less a play on words; I dabble in distilling my own alcohol. I've mentioned it once before on here, so we figured it was a pretty obscure clue, but those who have looked and delved through some of the older posts would catch on to my moonshinin' habit. Razz

I'm not THAT sneaky, come on!!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Do they make Snickers pipe tobacco?

View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Well, apparently I've been selected for this bombing. Just received 5 boxes, which at this point are unopened.

While this is a very kind and generous gesture, it also puts me in a bit of a difficult position-

I have no digital camera, so cannot post pics as is expected. Also, due to the Halloween theme if they contain candy or other sweets I cannot eat these.

Beyond that, I feel there are certainly many more others that are far more worthy of receiving bombs such as this. So not sure how to proceed from here.

scratch

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Brewdude, if there is candy in any of them, gather it together and carry it to a nursing home. I'm sure there are lots of folks there who would thoroughly enjoy it... and I can't think of anyone more worthy of receiving a bombing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:02 pm

How about proceeding to make a list of the items you receive to post here, giving any candy to the neighborhood kids and enjoying all the good things guys have sent, knowing it was you they were sending them to.

And don't forget...the more you whine and snivel the more you play into out evil hands! This is a frag fest not a tea party Bucko!

View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:03 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
How about proceeding to make a list of the items you receive to post here, giving any candy to the neighborhood kids and enjoying all the good things guys have sent, knowing it was you they were sending them to.

And don't forget...the more you whine and snivel the more you play into out evil hands! This is a frag fest not a tea party Bucko!

lol! lol! lol! There ya' go. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:38 pm

"Oh poor me, what will I ever do with all this candy???"

Ummm. What's the date? Oh yeah, the day before Halloween. Now on to pressing matters... Hmmm. What to do with the candy???? Think think think.. Um. Beats me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:38 pm

Candy soup?

View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:39 pm

By Jeeves you've got it old man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:37 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
make a list of the items you receive to post here...

We LOVE lists.. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:19 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
make a list of the items you receive to post here...

And you shall have one, on the morrow. Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed!

Shocked

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed!

Shocked

We're easy going about this, BD.. Plus as you can tell, you are well liked around here and we appreciate you. When that happens, this happens.

Might as well enjoy the festivities. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:08 pm

Yeah. We'll even cover the tab for the wet crew to come in and hose the place down, pick up stray body parts, sweep up the M&M's...generally erase any hard evidence.

View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:32 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
My bomb is away. I usually get that done on Wednesday and it arrives Saturday. Now I've released it on Tuesday and am praying it doesn't arrive Thursday! We'll see.

Clearly prayer doesn't affect the USPS. Tracking data says it was delivered yesterday. I tried to take action and get my bomb there before Saturday this time and in that, and only that, I have succeeded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:19 pm

Brewdude wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:

And you shall have one, on the morrow.

Hey... It's the morrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:08 pm

Mine arrived at the local post office at 2 AM or something, and I never got a change in status. So either they forgot to scan it, or the truck was full...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:10 pm

We should have an in house contest for screwiest delivery. But that would require subjective analysis, and I ain't even goin' there!

View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:11 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Mine arrived at the local post office at 2 AM or something, and I never got a change in status. So either they forgot to scan it, or the truck was full...

Same here. It still says it's scheduled for Friday delivery, but I'm not counting on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:24 pm

OK, just got home from the brewery and here's a list of the damages-

Tins:

McClelland #24 matured VA (50 gm)
McClelland #25 Matured VA (50 gm)
McClelland #27 Matured VA (50 gm)
C&D Two Friends Redwood (2 oz)
GLP Navigator (2 oz)
GLP Union Square (2 oz)
Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture (50 gm)
Sam Gawith FVF (50 gm)

Bulk:

John Patton Cool Hand Fluke (2 oz)
Semios (~2 oz)
McClelland 2015 (4 oz Mason jar)
PS Luxury Twist Flake (4 oz Mason jar)

Misc:

A custom modified MM -  trimmed off shank inside the bowl and sanded, pipe mud, and decorative banding on the stem. Looks to be the Washington model. Very cool.

All sorts of Halloween decorations to include a skeleton, bat, spiders, and bag of eyeballs.

Crazy picture book entitled "Crap Taxidermy". Many weird pics of animals which had been stuffed and modified. Some of these would be at home in a Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum!

Much candy of various sorts.

Plus several very nice personal notes.

Well, you chaps clearly have my 'baccy preferences in your wheelhouse. All are blends that I'll look forward to smoking, and many will be new to me. What a very considerate assortment of VA/VaPers and I'll be interested to check out the Semois.

The candy and decorations went to the brewery today and will be put to good use there. We have a big Halloween bash on tonight in the Tap Room and the decorations will fit right in. I don't get trick-or-treaters where I live but the downtown merchants open their doors to the little tykes during the day, so they'll make fast work of the sweets.

My hat's off to you fine folks for this very kind and generous gesture. I truly am not worthy but want to offer my sincere thanks and gratitude! Sorry I can't provide pics but as I said I don't have a digital camera.

sunny

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:16 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:

Out for delivery it says now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission   Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Fr_Tom wrote:

Out for delivery it says now...

Mine too... we'll see. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next