HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Holidays Are Officially Over

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tony Ferrill
The Enlightened One

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The Holidays Are Officially Over   Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:53 pm

Man,ya can't go wrong with pork!And to subject it to anything like propane is pure blasphemous BBQ heresy!
I made some ribs from a recipe in a Marlboro cookbook,spice rub with a viegar and mustard "mop sauce";not bad!
I think another holiday tradition with my wife and I is missing BBQ at the end of the holiday.If I recall,I had to fire up the Weber on the Saturday after New Years Day last year.It's going to be 50' here Sunday.....hmmmmmmmm......BBQ......
Tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The Holidays Are Officially Over   Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Tony,

I know what the temperature can do to mess up Webering. We are at 2500 feet here in Northern Cal. and it can get cold this time of the year. We always have a Webered turkey on T'giving and a prime rib for Santa's day. Have no fear Dad! My geek ass punk dumb shit boogernose engineer son does a "quantitative" approach to Webering. Digital thermometer and copious notes from years gone by. He, literally, has charts and graphs and "plots" meat size and weather against number of coals and how often to add them. A real nerd,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT. Hasn't been wrong yet. Always brings good cabernet and my grandson and daughter-in-law with him. Sounds generous until you consider that Momma and I put his ass through school.

Mega regards to you and yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The Holidays Are Officially Over   Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:31 pm

Tony Ferrill wrote:
Man,ya can't go wrong with pork!

pig pig pig pig pig The other white meat pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig

I always use a rub that's made up of brown sugar, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, a little salt, oregano. I hit the meat with a few shots of tobasco and worchestershire, then rub the Rub into the meat and let it sit a while, then roast in a low oven (275 - 300) for a couple of hours (depending on how thick and what kind of cut - ribs and brisket don't take as long). Once the roasted rubbed meat cools (an hour, 2 or 3 days in the refer) then it goes over a bed of coals and maybe some damp wood chips for a slow cook to get the great smokey barbecue taste mixed with the roastiness of the meat. Regular old barbecue sauce is maybe dabbed on the last few minutes before it comes off the grill, but it's always used sparingly.

Mo betta pig! pig Cool

Never did experiment with the eastern vinegar sauces but always wanted to. One of these days.......

The Holidays Are Officially Over
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2