HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rustic Leather briefcase

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mejoshee

mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

Rustic Leather briefcase Empty
PostSubject: Rustic Leather briefcase   Rustic Leather briefcase EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 1:19 pm

I'd bought a messenger bag at Goodwill earlier this year to tote my pipe stuff to the shop. It was ok (can't beat $5) but it was not very structurally solid. I could put my case in it, but there was no hard bottom, so everything sort of slides to the middle unless I pack it full. It's also floppy so closing the magnetic flap buttons became a pain unless I was sitting down with it in my lap and pushing on it.  Mad

Recently, in light of the WCPS trip plans, I decided I wanted a legit saddle leather-type bag, though the rules were lax. I simply needed "sturdier" and "full-grain leather". After that, the aesthetics and minor features would help me sort things out.

I Google searched for a couple and became aware of the Saddleback Leather Co. Highly regarded throughout the interwebz (esp reddit), but on the high side of my price range. After all, I can't have the bag cost more than the pipes that will go in it... Of course they're beautiful, but they better be for the price. affraid It also gave me some ideas to decide between--2 gusset main compartment like a "normal" file folder briefcase or a single compartment satchel-type.

Anyway, long story short, I settled on Rustic Leather Co's (large) briefcase, since they're having a sale on Etsy.

Rustic Leather briefcase Il_570xN.199973560

Rustic Leather briefcase Il_570xN.199973549

I like to shop, or maybe more accurately, seek for things. I definitely went down a rabbit hole with the research for the "right fit" for me. I'd gladly discuss with others if you've been in similar circumstances. What do you guys think? A multi-pipe case, some tins or jars, a bottle of water, pipe tools, sunglasses, tech gadgets...I think I can throw a lot of kit in there! Should be here either Saturday or Monday. I think it'll be a good weekend!

And no, it's not a murse. It will only have MANLY things in it pirat Well, maybe candy...

Disclosure: I don't work for them, this is my first purchase from Rustic Leather, and I haven't even received it yet
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Rustic Leather briefcase   Rustic Leather briefcase EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Looks great. But just for the record, I doubt if you would ever regret buying something from Saddleback, no matter the price. Some things are like that.
Back to top Go down
mejoshee

mejoshee

PostSubject: Re: Rustic Leather briefcase   Rustic Leather briefcase EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 4:32 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
Looks great.  But just for the record, I doubt if you would ever regret buying something from Saddleback, no matter the price.  Some things are like that.
Of course not, at least according to most every online comments & reviews. However, I think my wife would have a cow since she doesn't even buy purses that expensive. I think we have some sort of role reversal going on...
Back to top Go down
mejoshee

mejoshee

PostSubject: Re: Rustic Leather briefcase   Rustic Leather briefcase EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Well, I received the briefcase this weekend and my initial thought was "it's too big!" Neutral So I thought on it for the last couple days, then I asked my wife what she thought, and I've decided I'm going to exchange for the one size smaller.

I've sent out an email to the owners @ Rustic Leather to see what the next step is.
Back to top Go down

Rustic Leather briefcase
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Haberdashery-
Jump to: