HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

GLP Sixpence NEW

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Just saw about this http://glpease.com/ new blend coming from Greg. For a latophobe like me this really strikes some curiosity. Look forward to more details. When I get some I'll try to update. If you have some let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:33 pm

Interesting...I'm not huge on his lat-heavy blends (or any lat heavy blends), so this sounds much closer to my tastes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:22 pm

I hope he's gonna start using MORE US grown Va's as opposed to the usual C&D African and southern European varieties which would DEFINATELY make it something I'd try !! Need to find out it's TRUE composition !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glpease
Dark Lord
glpease

Registration date : 2007-12-11

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 3:45 pm

monbla256 wrote:
I hope he's gonna start using MORE US grown Va's as opposed to the usual C&D African and southern European varieties which would DEFINATELY make it something I'd try !! Need to find out it's TRUE composition !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

News to me. I've never used African VAs, other than, perhaps, in the collaboration I did with John Gawith (Stonehenge). Everything is North America grown. Some brights come out of Canada, but I think that's pretty far from Africa or southern Europe... We used to use a bright out of Italy that was spectacular, but the NA leaf we're getting is even better...

As for Sixpence's details, all will be revealed in the next couple weeks, but for now, rest assured that it's all New World tobaccos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.glpease.com
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Interested, as usual.

I read somewhere that this was a limited release. Does anyone know if that's still the case?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 4:57 pm

I love the pipe community! Where else can you make a comment on a nationally distributed product and get a reply from its creator.

*hugs to all brethren!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glpease
Dark Lord
glpease

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:03 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Interested, as usual.

I read somewhere that this was a limited release. Does anyone know if that's still the case?

Not limited. It's been in full swing production for about a month, now, in hopes of building up enough supply so we don't go through the JackKnife "out of stock" fiasco again.

I'm getting pretty jazzed about it, personally. I've been smoking the first production samples exclusively for a month, and really digging it. (In fact, I just ran out. Good thing I know the guy who makes it.) For a non-Latakia thing, that's pretty unusual.
Back to top Go down
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:05 pm

I smoked a bowl of it last night and really enjoyed it. Wish I had more of a sample to gauge for a review, but I'll do the best I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
monbla256

monbla256

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:45 pm

glpease wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

News to me. I've never used African VAs, other than, perhaps, in the collaboration I did with John Gawith (Stonehenge). Everything is North America grown. Some brights come out of Canada, but I think that's pretty far from Africa or southern Europe... We used to use a bright out of Italy that was spectacular, but the NA leaf we're getting is even better...

As for Sixpence's details, all will be revealed in the next couple weeks, but for now, rest assured that it's all New World tobaccos.

Thanks for that info. I've tried many of C&D's Va based blends/mixtures and though they were good, they DID NOT have the flavor profile that the Carolina Va's have and since C&D does your blending I erroneously presumed this blend/mixture would be using much of what they use as a base. I will give it a try when it comes out for sure ! BTW, with all the "Pumpkin" hype  in EVERYTHING these days ( soaps, gin, all kinds of food etc) are you gonna get on the wagon with some Pumpkin/VaPer 'baccy ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Ought to be a BIG seller in this day and time !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ( BTW, ketchup is the missing ingredient in many of your blends, so ya gonna add some to this ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:10 pm

glpease wrote:
Not limited. It's been in full swing production for about a month, now, in hopes of building up enough supply so we don't go through the JackKnife "out of stock" fiasco again.

I'm getting pretty jazzed about it, personally. I've been smoking the first production samples exclusively for a month, and really digging it. (In fact, I just ran out. Good thing I know the guy who makes it.) For a non-Latakia thing, that's pretty unusual.

Thanks for the info!

Can you disclose any info about strength? Should we be expecting JKP, Triple Play, Navigator-esq strength or something milder?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:11 pm

glpease wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

GLP Sixpence NEW Monbla10 Wink pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Simple Man wrote:
glpease wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

HA!

I'm really curious about this one. I love English blends, but I've also come to like orientals without Latakia, also. I'm hoping there's a decent dose of Turkish in this guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:42 pm

And I'm just getting around to opening my first tin of Navigator. I'm behind the times...

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glpease
Dark Lord
glpease

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:57 pm

monbla256 wrote:
glpease wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Thanks for that info. I've tried many of C&D's Va based blends/mixtures and though they were good, they DID NOT have the flavor profile that the Carolina Va's have and since C&D does your blending I erroneously presumed this blend/mixture would be using much of what they use as a base. I will give it a try when it comes out for sure ! BTW, with all the "Pumpkin" hype  in EVERYTHING these days ( soaps, gin, all kinds of food etc) are you gonna get on the wagon with some Pumpkin/VaPer 'baccy ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Ought to be a BIG seller in this day and time !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ( BTW, ketchup is the missing ingredient in many of your blends, so ya gonna add some to this ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )

NO PUMPKIN! NO! NEVER! GAK! I love pumpkin pie, and I love pumpkin cream sauce over nice ravioli, but I can't even imagine it in a pipe tobacco that I would consider smoking. *shudder* And, no ketchup. Not me.

As for C&D's virginias, they're the same as the leaf I use, for the most part. (I use things they don't, but I use everything they do.) The reds are from NC, the brights from Canada, the burleys are from KY, and so is the dark-fired. Years ago, we used a French grown bright, and I mentioned the Italian stuff, but that's been a while...
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 8:15 pm

glpease wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
glpease wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

NO PUMPKIN! NO! NEVER! GAK! I love pumpkin pie, and I love pumpkin cream sauce over nice ravioli, but I can't even imagine it in a pipe tobacco that I would consider smoking. *shudder* And, no ketchup. Not me.

As for C&D's virginias, they're the same as the leaf I use, for the most part. (I use things they don't, but I use everything they do.) The reds are from NC, the brights from Canada, the burleys are from KY, and so is the dark-fired. Years ago, we used a French grown bright, and I mentioned the Italian stuff, but that's been a while...

OK Michael, there you have it.

Now go to your room!

lol!

Cheers,

RR

GLP Sixpence NEW Purple11x 2GLP Sixpence NEW Bombx10GLP Sixpence NEW BombGLP Sixpence NEW D6bddf10 GLP Sixpence NEW 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:58 am

Monbla. 5) I try to protect you, but alas, I cannot save you from yourself. Laughing

Pease, you beautiful, tasty villain, you. I love you

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:59 am

Simple Man wrote:

PS:

Hell's bells, my sides hurt. Laughing Stop it.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Simple Man

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 3:59 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Simple Man wrote:

PS:

Hell's bells, my sides hurt.   Laughing   Stop it.  

Cool

Laughing We all love Monbla... BoB wouldn't be the same without his presence. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:44 am

With all that "ketchup" that Monbia smokes, if he ever gets eaten by cannibals, all they'll need to add is mustard!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
monbla256

monbla256

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:14 am

Simple Man wrote:
glpease wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

OH WELL Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:19 am

glpease wrote:

Hopefully in time for those Secret Santa orders to the eTailers. sunny

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:34 am

glpease wrote:

I don't find myself reaching for an aromatic very often and generally can't stand the pumpkin craze that happens in the fall...BUT, I have to admit, I had the privilege of smoking a blend that caught me by surprise. Straus Tobacconist had a seasonal blend called Sleepy Hollow that was just plain delicious. Pumpkin-y, cinnamon-y, spicy goodness! The only bad part is, it's done for this year and due to some interesting publicity via some YouTube folks, who knows if it will be back next year. If anyone is curious to try a sample, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Simple Man

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:26 am

Sutliff Pumpkin Spice is also good. It's not overdone at all. Very nice aromatic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 3:01 pm

Simple Man wrote:
Sutliff Pumpkin Spice is also good. It's not overdone at all. Very nice aromatic.

I like that one, too. I was a taste tester for it, and even though I don't like pumpkin, I liked this blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

GLP Sixpence NEW Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLP Sixpence NEW   GLP Sixpence NEW EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 3:52 pm

So this is NOT a latakia blend? I sincerely hope so!

Make no mistake, I do smoke latakias but I'm 95% into VA's and VaPers and would love to try a GL Peace product.

Looking forward to the no-pumpkin, no latakia blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

GLP Sixpence NEW
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: