HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed   Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:27 pm

I don't know how many Car Talk fans we have here, but I just learned of this and it greatly saddened me. Tom's sense of humor was unique and his laugh was down right infectious. He was a cigar smoker, but I think I recall him mentioning a few times that he also enjoyed pipe smoking. RIP Tommy.

http://www.npr.org/2014/11/03/357428287/tom-magliozzi-popular-co-host-of-nprs-car-talk-dies-at-77
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q
smg913

Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed   Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:57 pm

Yes very sad indeed. Car talk was/is one of my favs. Being a mechanic myself I was always in shock about how much knowledge those to had
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed   Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:08 pm

I remember when I first heard them one Saturday morning on my local PR station back in the mid/late '90s, I was HOOKED !! 10 am every Saturday morning since is my time for a 'cuppa and pipe while I listen to "the brothers" ! They went off the air, as a live show two years ago with NPR playing previous shows from years past. he was really smart and his laugh was truly infectious. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed   Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:13 pm

One of the funniest yet most helpful fellows of our time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed   Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Very sad news.

Car Talk was a great show.

One of the greatest honors I have ever had as a musician, was being in a band with a song that was used in one of their intermissions and permanently enshrined into their catalog of "auto-musicology" Very Happy

RIP Tom Magliozzi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swhipple

Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed   Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:40 am

I was very sad to hear this. I admired their gentle humor and outstanding automotive knowledge. They put on such a good show even my non-automotive wife loved them. I've been listening to those guys for what seems like forever. I know they've been airing reruns for a couple of years but I bet I've been a fan for like 20 years or more. Where ever you are Tom, don't drive like your brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed   Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Loved the radio show and the Saturday newspaper column. Gonna' miss all this. RIP Tom!!! Sad FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

PostSubject: Re: Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed   Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:28 pm

A great loss.
Their reruns are available as podcasts on iTunes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed   Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:25 pm

I was heart broken over this news. I grew up listening to their show and they were definitely a big reason why this girl loves cars. My Saturdays will be a little emptier these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Bub

PostSubject: Re: Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed   Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:03 pm

On iTunes Car Talk podcast

#1445: Tommy, Riposa in Pace 55:59 11/8/2014 This week on Car Talk, we pay tribute to our beloved brother, friend, and co-host Tom Magliozzi, who passed away Monday, November 3rd. You’ll hear many of our favorite moments featuring Tom the consummate radio professional, Tom the philosopher king, Tom

Also the internet
http://www.cartalk.com/content/1445-tommy-riposa-pace

Tom is a very funny guy and he will be missed
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi has passed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1