HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Nog, Egg Nog..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Nog, Egg Nog..   Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Happy Election Day BoB,

As I finish up my third bowl for the day I wanted to share with you the discovery of a new companion in pipe smoking for me:
Egg Nog

I'm not a big fan drinking it by itself, but I bought a quart of the Southern Comfort brand and gave it a whirl as I watched my films.

First bowl was the beloved Margate. One of my regular english and all I can say is that Sweet and English don't go well for me. No
Sugar on sh!t doesn't make it edible and the nog didn't bode well here. I like my petey smokiness. After a few sips, I left it at that and finished my bowl the way it was intended, I'll stick with black tea as I find this works well with English, would gladly take other recommendations.

However, the next two bowls were surprising.

I do like aromatics but am picky about which ones. The next bowl I tried Sutliff Molto Dolce for the first time...It was great! Gave it about 30 minutes of dry time (could've used more) but when I paired it with the nog, that was something. The creamy sweetness caressing the tongue enhanced this toby in all the right ways. I smoked my KKK castello all the way to the bottom, no bite, no dottle, one pipe cleaner.

The last bowl was Hearth & Home Marble Kake. I'm finishing up the last pieces in my jar. It's OK but as someone described, Corn Flakes is not my thing. However, the nog added a new texture to the flavor. The toby went from toasted bread to something like a creamy butter on toast, and me like! I may not pick up Marble Kake again but the egg nog opened up new possibilities.

To summarize:
English/Balkan/Orientals: Egg Nog is a NO nog!! pale
Aromatics: The best pairing, would probably work really well with those blends that bite, as this soothes the tongue and adds sweetness to the toby.
Virginia's: Works well. Adds a little creaminess.

I will have to try other blends with egg nog but I'm glad I gave it a try!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Nog, Egg Nog..   Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:52 pm

I love eggnog! cheers
My preference is 50/50 with Jack Daniels.

I'm lucky it's seasonal. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Nog, Egg Nog..   Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:47 pm

I don't care for thick egg nog, so first I cut it with a bit of whole milk; then I cut it some more with old, dark rum!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Nog, Egg Nog..   Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Hermit wrote:
I love eggnog! cheers
My preference is 50/50 with Jack Daniels.

I'm lucky it's seasonal.  santa

Hmm scratch never thought of it with with whisky...
And to think, its already a bane on the spare tire, some liquor would do nice for the liver... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Nog, Egg Nog..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: