HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I Couldn't Be a Cop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:08 pm

I don't even...

I shouldn't post in a public forum my thoughts on this issue or what should be done to these people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:22 pm

It ain't easy. Thank God, I am now retired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:15 pm

Both of my brothers were cops, both retired now, and the stuff they would tell me from time to time.... sadly evil exists at levels good people have a really hard time imagining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leacha

Registration date : 2014-01-08

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Ignorance is bliss and I wish I was ignorant about this story!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:22 pm

I could tell you stories about "exploding hookers" and "train hits".......... No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:40 pm

Okay, I'm sick and demented and will probably regret it but you've got to pm me the exploding hooker story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Oh, there's no doubt in my mind that I could never be in law enforcement but,
I sure as hell could be a Vigilante!
Garbage like that should swing from a tree in the public square.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Richard Burley

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:32 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
Oh, there's no doubt in my mind that I could never be in law enforcement but,
I sure as hell could be a Vigilante!

Yep. That's pretty much my point. We kill and eat animals; these entities are less than animal by simple comparison, and all rules of civilization in this instance seem moot at best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:20 am

I think in clear, overwhelming, instance of guilt in heinous crime I could be a vigilante..  In this instance I would hang them upside down and slowly beat them to death over a period of three days like they did this child.. If I was Emporer PB (and I will be someday..muhahaha) I'd require it televised on every tv station and make it the only thing you could do on the Internet during the revenge.  

Yes it is revenge, there can be no justice in a case like this... Killing them, imprisoning them, or whatever provides zero restitution to the child's life and wellbeing.  And I very much realize that action would be me sinking to their level.. Sometimes the sheepdog looks like the wolf to the sheep.

Seeing as that is all fantasy I hope beyond hope the arresting/interrogating/transporting officers get theirs.. I'd rather the good guys do it as the bad, and the bad will even in the isolation that these three deserve...  

Can't for the life of me figure out why the wife wasn't charged the same unless she was the first to squel for the deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:54 am

Sometimes I often wonder if the vigilante stuff isn't best left to true sociopaths.   If justice is with them, they wouldn't get enjoyment out of either the original violence nor the equally-sick retribution that's socially-acceptable as eye-for-an-eye Biblical-type stuff.  It works as a message I guess, but at what cost...that's where it gets off-base for me.  

Certain people need to simply be put down.   No emotional hooks, no publicity, no sensationalizing, no vengeance, just one bullet, a six foot hole, and some shovels.   In essence, I'd make a really terrible cop, too.   I love you  

We're all sick in some way.   Some look it in the eye, others rename and repackage it.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:07 am

Don't eff up a good imaginary lunch mob peckerhead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:27 am

puros_bran wrote:

Lunch?  Lunch?  Did someone mention lunch?  Lunch mob I could get behind, I'm a lunch kinda guy.

Sorry, PB, couldn't help myself.

On the story.....execution!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feazelle-n-it

Registration date : 2014-10-07

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:59 am

Yup. There's a special place in Hell for people like that. I'm all for execution too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:53 am

I am still a volunteer, but I put myself through school working as an EMT both in and around NYC and up in Albany. While we generally love to tell war stories and honestly do become desensitized to most of the things that happen in this world, there are three calls that I will never share with anyone besides those folks who were actually on crew with me. Truly awful things.

Cops have it rough because they are often the first on scene, we get it next because we actually have to wade into the mess and make sure that there is nothing that can be done, but if you really want to feel bad for someone, feel bad for the ME who actually has to come in and clean it up. No matter how bad, no matter how obvious the signs of death are, the ME always has to go in and clean up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:51 am

After reading what those two put that poor child through I looked again at that little lads face and couldn't help but burst into tears, I myself have endured cruelty like that during my own childhood, not to the extent of my own death but not far from it and I know just how terrified that poor child was, bring back public flogging with the cat and nine tails for sick people like them, I'll whip the bastards myself, sorry for the language but DAMN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:51 am

We kill a rabid dog, not because it is evil or has committed a crime, but because it is a danger to humanity. These people are worse than the innocent rabid dog, because they have made the conscious decision to commit the act. A quick death is more than they deserve..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:55 pm

pepesdad1 wrote:
Sorry, PB, couldn't help myself.

Alls fair in love and internet heckling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:00 pm

puros_bran wrote:

lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
leacha

Registration date : 2014-01-08

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 pm

To bring this topic around to the purpose of the site...

I'd smoke Mixture 79 for the rest of my life (I'm 45 had have a history of centenarians on both sides) for some retribution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:37 pm

Actually Dave there's one group that has it worse than the ME. I was a forensic lab tech, we got everything that the ME didn't want to deal with. The more advanced the decomposition the more likely we would get it. I definitely understand the position of not being able to talk to anyone that wasn't there about some of the things you've seen. Our turn over rate for employees was insane. You see the worst of humanity on a daily basis. Most people just can't come to terms with the things they see. Unfortunately dealing with the horrific abuse and death of a child is probably the hardest part of the job. I've seen it far too many times. I'm sure whatever happens to them once they get to prison will be well deserved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Richard Burley

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:13 pm

...and more! Become a LEO and spend your days picking up trash. Why can't someone shoot the vocal bitch in the background and let the boys have a relatively quiet rumble?

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:57 pm

Speaking of cops...anyone ever been harassed for smoking a pipe? I assume the older guys don't get any trouble but I could see the younger smokers getting stopped for smoking a pipe on the street with some bone headed flat foot "hand it over pothead" haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:57 am

Well I'm not exactly young but I've had my fair share of run ins with officers because of my pipe. In my experience it has more to do with the attitudes in the state you're in than your age. The most recent for me was less than a year ago. Apparently some lady called me in because I'm a creepy suspicious guy with a cane and a pipe watching children in the park. I guess it didn't occur to her that I was watching my children in the park.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Be a Cop   Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:25 am

I thought the bobbies were pretty ineffectual in that clip RB. They didn't seem to get on top of things at all. I reckon a quick blast of the spray and tazer would have settled things nicely? And yes, the lady was getting on my thruppney bits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I Couldn't Be a Cop
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: