HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipes and Cigars Tobacco of the Month...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Pipes and Cigars Tobacco of the Month...    Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:53 pm

So I have been going back and forth with myself for the past few weeks on if I should join the Pipes and Cigars websites Tobacco of the Month Club.

Here is the pitch...

Receive four different pipe tobaccos (4 brands) each month, three national brands plus one exclusive blend made by Russ Ouellette. The price is only $19.99 (plus $5.00 shipping and handling for the first month only. Each additional month ships FREE)!

I think the price seems fair but I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of drug store tobaccos. Has anyone ever tried this or are any of you currently doing this? Just wanted some feedback before I signed up... Yeah I know I could always just try it for a month and then cancel if it sucks but I don't want to waste the money if I don't need to.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Tobacco of the Month...    Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:33 pm

I remember a thread somewhere, probably in the Tobacco sub-forum, where one poster joined this and reported on what he received. Didn't sound too bad either, for someone looking to experience a lot of new blends.

Do a search and you may find it.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Tobacco of the Month...    Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:35 pm

I tried it for a while and trust me when I say, it was a real mixed bag. For several months all the tinned tobacco was mostly from STG and most of it was aromatic. The first few months offered a decent balance of options, but every single one of Russ's monthly blends we some variant of a burley based aromatic, and it's a shame because he blends some wonderful VaPers and Englishes.

I started up in Jan 14, and finally quit in May after a few months of receiving a deluge of aromatics including Borkum Riff Original, which I wouldn't even use as compost. All in all, if you're just a curious beginning pipe smoker looking for some different things to try and you like aromatics, then you might enjoy the ride but I think I would only smoke about 3/8th's of what I received and even that would be a stretch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Tobacco of the Month...    Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars Tobacco of the Month...    Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Nice... thanks for finding that thread for me...

I'm not opposed to a wide variety of tobacco, even if they are aromatic... I was more afraid that I would be getting month after month of drug store tobacco. I wouldn't want to pay $20 and get Carter Hall and Captain Black every other month. I don't need to wait for the UPS guy to drop off something I can buy at the grocery store.

Maybe I will give it a shot after the first of the year... I've been "budgetted" by the wife until after the Holidays.
Back to top Go down

Pipes and Cigars Tobacco of the Month...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1