HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Aging and Orientals

Go down 
AuthorMessage
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

Aging and Orientals Empty
PostSubject: Aging and Orientals   Aging and Orientals EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:24 pm

One of two things has happened. Either (1) I've never read much about the effects of aging on oriental varieties or (2) I've read it a hundred times and have forgotten.

Either way, anyone know what time is supposed to do for them? I've read all the usual articles about the effects (or non-effects) time has on VAs, Latakias, Aro casings, and burleys, but I can't seem to recall how oriental/turkish leaf fares...any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Aging and Orientals   Aging and Orientals EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:39 pm

Not caring for them at all (except some Lat's) I can't see any amount of aging will improve them. 5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Aging and Orientals   Aging and Orientals EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Given that fact that most Oriental tobaccos have a fairly high sugar content I am going to imagine that they age well, or at least exhibit some of the same characteristics of change (for better or worse), that we tend to notice with high grade surgary VA's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Aging and Orientals   Aging and Orientals EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Surely GLP has had something to say on this topic?

Scroll down to "Aging"-

http://pipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_Tobaccos

Cheers,

RR

Aging and Orientals Purple11x 2Aging and Orientals Bombx10Aging and Orientals BombAging and Orientals D6bddf10 Aging and Orientals 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
lb

Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Aging and Orientals   Aging and Orientals EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 2:03 pm

My experiece is that they age well . They turn darker with age and a more intense taste and aroma. I had the chance not so long ago to smoke a whole tin of state express london (very old tin) and the orientals where there present all the time. Not only on pipes tobacco , but had the same experience with RYO with D&R tobacco (ramback).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Aging and Orientals   Aging and Orientals EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:38 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Surely GLP has had something to say on this topic?

Scroll down to "Aging"-

http://pipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_Tobaccos

Cheers,

RR

Like I said:

me wrote:
(2) I've read it a hundred times and have forgotten.

Aging and Orientals Head-slap-2c
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern Neil

Northern Neil

Registration date : 2012-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Aging and Orientals   Aging and Orientals EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 1:29 pm

I have a couple of tins McClelland Grand Oriental Yenice Agonya from 2007 and they are amazing. I feel the Orientals have aged really well along with the Virginias in the blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Aging and Orientals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: