How was your weather today?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

How was your weather today? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Brewdude wrote:
DrT999 wrote:
I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few odds and ends, and it the place was full!  It seemed like 3/4 of the people there were in panic mode over the upcoming storm (worst case scenario here, most roads might be closed for 36 hours starting sometime well after midnight).  Bread, gone; bottled water, gone; milk 80% gone; coke products (except coke 0) 90% gone; pepsi products, 50% gone; bananas, 95% gone (good thing I didn't need any of those products!).  If more of the beer had been gone (maybe 25% was gone), it would have looked like New Orleans preparing for a Category 2 hurricane.

Amazing how that happens. Bread and milk gone off the shelves in a heartbeat. Happens here as well when a major storm is forecast.

Not to make light of what you folks are facing, and the news has been all over the storms forecast for the NE sector. Hope you folks can hunker down and come through with minimal issues. I don't envy you your situation.

No

True, up in the mountains west of here as well as further north they could have a very miserable time over the next few days. Here should be okay if we keep power and don't have to go out before Saturday evening or Sunday
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:12 am

20 degrees and snowing it's a@@ off. This is going to be fun....

How was your weather today? - Page 7 NFu3WU
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:48 am

Now the real snow has begun!

How was your weather today? - Page 7 KSSPGS

The car seems to be disappearing...

How was your weather today? - Page 7 GQrJMF
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 10:47 am

It's currently mostly stopped here, about 1/4 inch of wet snow over an equal amount of slush which will no doubt soon freeze. Of course, it's supposed to continue on and off for the next 24-28 hours, so we'll see where things finish up!
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 3:38 pm

typical 1" of snowfall creating mass hysteria with the southern idiots. I still haven't figured out what the heck they do when they do home with just bread and milk that they all seem to buy at the first forecast of precipitation. Shocked
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 4:15 pm

Just another beautiful Texas day! How was your weather today? - Page 7 Cheesy21
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:45 pm

My best wished for you folks up the East Coast. Hope y'all got yer schtick together and hunker down and keep warm, safe and dry!
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:10 pm

hobie1dog wrote:
typical 1" of snowfall creating mass hysteria with the southern idiots.  I still haven't figured out what the heck they do when they do home with just bread and milk that they all seem to buy at the first forecast of precipitation. Shocked

Yea, we got a foot, and now it's sleeting.
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
My best wished for you folks up the East Coast. Hope y'all got yer schtick together and hunker down and keep warm, safe and dry!

I'm home now, off this weekend. And don't plan on going out till they clear the roads.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 10:32 pm

Stay safe you folks, and check in when you can!

Shocked

Cheers,

RR

How was your weather today? - Page 7 Purple11x 3How was your weather today? - Page 7 Bombx10How was your weather today? - Page 7 Bombx10  How was your weather today? - Page 7 D6bddf10 How was your weather today? - Page 7 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d How was your weather today? - Page 7 Cowboy13How was your weather today? - Page 7 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com Online
eklektos44

eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 11:42 pm

Snowing again...
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 3:31 am

Going down in the 20's tonight, still snowing very lightly.
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 4:21 am

Sitting on my back porch in tshirt and shorts, puffing on a nice poker full of plum pudding, with a mozzie coil burning to keep the buggers away. Enjoying the fact it's much cooler and no humidity here today compared to the last few days.

Hope you guys in more turbulent spots are safe and sound.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 5:59 am

Today dawned dry, bright and mild here in the 'shire. Whilst pottering around the kitchen I glanced up to see a pair of blue tits investigating the nest box in the ash. It's still January!
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 6:11 am

I'm looking at 18+ inches, and it isn't done yet. The melt's going to be a mess.

How was your weather today? - Page 7 43yFvk
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 9:10 pm

Been unseasonably mild here in the Pac NW lately. Daytime temps into the 50's (sometimes 60's), and nights in the upper 30's/ low 40's. Sometimes much rain or drizzle. Upper elevations producing a good snowpack though, which is ensuring the ski areas are busy, but more importantly the reservoirs have enough water for irrigation east of the Cascades. Not to mention no drought conditions for those of us on the west side.

Very little snow here this winter season west of the Cascades (much to my delight). But this could all change on a dime as has been evidenced in the past.

Incredibly, the trees and shrubs are now blooming. This shouldn't happen for at least another month. Yet I'm reminded it happened this way a year ago when we were in drought conditions. Just not normal.

Not complaining, mind you. I've no use for cold or snow, so bring on spring!

sunny

Cheers,

RR

How was your weather today? - Page 7 Purple11x 3How was your weather today? - Page 7 Bombx10How was your weather today? - Page 7 Bombx10  How was your weather today? - Page 7 D6bddf10 How was your weather today? - Page 7 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d How was your weather today? - Page 7 Cowboy13How was your weather today? - Page 7 4G80VIc

Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 9:14 pm

Nice and clear and cloudless with temps in the mid to upper 70's so far. Supposed to be up to 80 by Friday. We had about a week of winter so far and looks like we will be into summer by May !! But remember, there is NO climate change going on !! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 9:18 pm

Yuppers, pretty toasty here today. Wonderful for outdoor work. Tomorrow, more heat, and winds of Santa Ana Blowing off roofs. Fire alerts and records being broken!! This keeps up I'll be growing avocados in a couple of years....
Back to top Go down
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 10:00 pm

Here in Central CT it was sunny and breezy with a high in the mid-20s. It was a bit brisk for outdoor piping, but I did my three miles snug in my longies and Steeler hoody. Also chopchopchopped almost all of the remaining ice patches out of the driveway under the watchful direction of The Missus who, if there is a square foot of ice in a four-block radius of us, will find it, decide to test whether it is safe to step on, will promptly fall and then hobble about pitifully for at least a week. This happens annually.
Back to top Go down
Briarbabe

Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 3:19 pm

Rainy, rainy day here. And warm too. Down right spring like.
Back to top Go down
http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
DrT999

DrT999

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Windy, rainy, with the occasional thunderstorm; hopefully no tornadoes or hail!
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Got pretty wild around W. Washington yesterday. Some areas got damaging winds, like on the coast and northern interior. Power outtages, trees down on houses, one person killed when a tree came down on his SUV.

Very unusual to have a windstorm come in this late in the season. Normally it's relegate to late Nov through Dec. This one kicked some ass .

My area was pretty much spared the worst of the winds, but did lose power for a few hrs early today. Other areas fared far worse. I'm concerned for RobJ who lives in the areas most affected. He doesn't have a genny. Hope he's OK.

Shocked

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Lovely here today and the last two days (if windy), but the storms that are hitting east Texas and western Louisiana will hit my wife in New Orleans pretty hard tonight through early Saturday and hit here Saturday afternoon and Sunday.... I hope the brothers in east Texas and Cajun country are ok
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Wet, it was, damp it now is...
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   How was your weather today? - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:13 pm

It's been grey, cool , low 50's , and RAIN, RAIN, and MORE RAIN ALL week !! Supposed to be clear and in the 80's next week Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

How was your weather today?
Page 7 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: