HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

How was your weather today?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Brewdude wrote:
The snow finally melted enough for me to get a good start on cleaning up all the fallen debris from the windstorm over a week ago. Spent several hrs in the yard with a wheelbarrow, a rake, and a broom (for the rear deck). Made much progress on the larger stuff but will have to go back another day for all the rest. Now have at least a full pickup bed size load to deal with!

Just learned that I-90 might re-open eastbound soon if the maintenance crews can get all the fallen trees off the road. I-90 has been shut down both directions for essentially 2 full days! Westbound might have to wait. What a bummer for the truckers and travellers. It isn't often that I-90 closes for this long.

Temps here in the foothills have been in the low 40's daytime, and upper 30's nights. Rain and showers is our pattern going forward. At least there's no more snow for the time being!

Cheers,

RR

Good to see you getting back on top of things again Rande. I was getting worried for you there mate.

You're back in tbe ring now old chap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:41 am

Weather here, compared to the rest of the country, has been pretty good for Michigan. Maybe it's global warming, climate change, or (dare I say it) weather. I really have to spend more time on the Weather Channel so I'll catch it when they talk about the jet stream and the Pacific. Lower 30's, damp, fog, visibility might be 200 yards..still have some piles of snow here and there..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:16 am

The sunrise was beautiful, and temperature forecast is calling for mid 60's F. Flower bulbs are already poking up....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Today in NC is a great day to be outside. Mostly sunny and 72 degrees where I am, perfect.   

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:03 pm

Blighty will soon be seeing the first glimpse of Doris, probably on Thursday. Cornish coast is already getting a pounding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:00 pm

It's been pretty mild here in my corner of the Pac NW lately. The snow is virtually gone and the daytime temps have been in the mid-40's with mid-30's at night - except for last night when it dropped down to 27 due to no cloud cover. Even experiencing some sun lately, and that's very welcome!  

What a contrast to a month ago, when we had blizzard conditions, damaging windstorms, and me running the genny!

And tomorrow is Groundhog Day, so Punxsutawney Phil will be revealing what we can all expect for the remainder of the winter!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:48 am

Here in NC mostly rain today and a high of 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Not a day for enjoying a few pipes outside. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Sunny skies these past days turned around today.

Now have 2" of that wonderful white stuff on the ground. And it may turn to rain going forward.

But.....Monday looks like a significant snow event. 4-6" in my area!

Mad

No Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Well it's started already - have about 5" on the ground and snowing. New forecast says I could get up to 14" altogether by Tue!!

Mad

No Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:06 pm

One of my grandkids posted the snow falling in Longview today. Big flakes. Enjoy!  Twisted Evil

Oh, oh, have to add......

60 and sunny here. Unusual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Welp, it's sunny here in NC at 57 degrees. A great day to be outside enjoying a few different blends. Could not ask for better weather for a February 5th cheerscheerscheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Well it's started already - have about 5" on the ground and snowing. New forecast says I could get up to 14" altogether by Tue!!

Mad

No Cheers,

RR

Cripes Rande, you've only just recovered from the last meteorological delight. Thinking of you mate... stay safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Stick wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

Mad

No Cheers,

RR

Cripes Rande, you've only just recovered from the last meteorological delight.  Thinking of you mate... stay safe.

Right you are Squire. It was just a few days ago that we had sun and moderate temps with all snow gone. And now..... this!

Watching it come down right now. Big flakes but little actual accumulation so far as the ambient temps are hovering around 33F. So some of it is falling as rain, but that will change tonight when the temps drop. So I could well be looking at an additional 5-6" by tomorrow morning. Might actually have to put on the tyre chains to get off my hill!

Did I mention I bleedin' hate winter?!

No

Absolutely No Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Got hit hard with snow. At least 10" on the ground this AM. Barely made it out of my 'hood. Had the car in low all the way down my long hill. Drove at 20 mph all the way into the brewery. Terrible road conditions. Probably should've just stayed home. E-mailed the rest of the brewery crew and told them to bag it today as the roads were trecherous. And now snowing again and will get an additional 6" before it's all over.

Had a couple power bumps at the brewery but didn't lose power. News says there's over 100K customers in the dark in the greater Seattle area due to trees down on power lines from all the snow. Cars in the ditch, abandoned on the highways.

This is about as bad as it gets folks. But I'm warm and dry at the brewery. For now!

BAH! Evil or Very Mad

No Cheers!

RR
Back to top Go down
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:28 pm

I feel bad posting this because of all the snow Brewdude ( Rande ) had today!! Be safe

Here in NC had the sun most of the day and right now 65 degrees outside and it was a perfect day for enjoying a number of pipes outside. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Ended up spending Mon night at the brewery since the internal streets in my 'hood were not ploughed and there's no place for me to park my car and walk to my house. Slept on a cot we keep for situations such as this, and it's not the first time.

Now home but had to get a ride since the streets are still not ploughed! And will have to get a ride back tomorrow morning.

My cul-de-sac is a mess. over 12" of rutted and crusty snow which is now turning to ice with the drop in temps. Rain forecast for the next few days so hopefully it will turn more to slush.

In fact there's heavy rain in the forecast for Wed evening so that could well mean serious flooding, and the brewery is a stone's throw away from the Snoqualmie River. Yikes!

No Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Stick

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Ended up spending Mon night at the brewery since the internal streets in my 'hood were not ploughed and there's no place for me to park my car and walk to my house. Slept on a cot we keep for situations such as this, and it's not the first time.

Now home but had to get a ride since the streets are still not ploughed! And will have to get a ride back tomorrow morning.

My cul-de-sac is a mess. over 12" of rutted and crusty snow which is now turning to ice with the drop in temps. Rain forecast for the next few days so hopefully it will turn more to slush.

In fact there's heavy rain in the forecast for Wed evening so that could well mean serious flooding, and the brewery is a stone's throw away from the Snoqualmie River. Yikes!

No Cheers,

RR

Well, stroll on the summer Rande.

First signs of spring in the 'shire. Snowdrops are brightening the verges, the sun is above the skyline during my morning commute, and I've even seen some sun. We're just lacking a bit of warmth.

It'll be your turn soon enough Rande.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Another beautiful day here in NC, it was a high of 73 degrees with overcast. Warm enough to enjoy a number of pipes outside without the sun baking on me!! 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Last few days in OKC have been wonderful!! Temps in high 60's-low 70's. Been able to get in quite a few bowls!! Mother Nature will continue to be kind to us for the next few days as the winds will be blowing from Baja Oklahoma (that's Tejas for the unknowing!!!). cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Record highs again today..... Got a lot of chores done, had five pipes needing attention at the end of the day due to rotation. No clouds.

February? Maybe in Sydney.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:40 pm

Stick wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

No Cheers,

RR

Well, stroll on the summer Rande.  

First signs of spring in the 'shire.  Snowdrops are brightening the verges, the sun is above the skyline during my morning commute, and I've even seen some sun.  We're just lacking a bit of warmth.

It'll be your turn soon enough Rande.

Not soon enough mate. NOAA now says the heavy rain will be Wed night through Thurs, accompanied by moderately high winds. If that isn't a recipe for disaster I don't know what is....

One just has to wonder what the breaking point is, and I'm about reaching the end of my tether. And OK, it isn't here yet so why worry about what might be.....right?

So far this winter is on the books for one to remember, and not in a pleasant way. Frankly, retiring to southern Arizona looks more and more attractive to me every day.

No Cheers once again........

RR
Back to top Go down
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:25 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/02/07/this-monster-tornado-just-rolled-through-new-orleans-major-damage-reported/?utm_term=.487faa21bd10

We only got a half inch of rain and moderate wind,
but all around the area shit was flyin'.   Shocked   
At least seven tornadoes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedeep

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Right now, 12:15, it's 30. This time yesterday it was 63.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: How was your weather today?   Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Same here. Went from Hawaiian silk shirt and shorts to camo 'onesie' overnight...

Good times........ Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How was your weather today?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next