HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

And so it begins...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:25 am

Just placed my first online order for a new pipe and a couple other items. Granted, not a big order, very small actually ($10.00 for a bent MM CG, a 3in1 pipe tool and a replacement stem for my MM Pony Express), but with all the talk and dire warnings about PAD and TAD, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just call the Betty Ford clinic right now and have em book me a room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:43 am

It starts slowly, seemingly innocently, then BAM! You are in the throes of PAD and TAD, and then you start bombing, which is the most fulfilling part of this darned lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:50 am

Fumus wrote:
I'm wondering if I shouldn't just call the Betty Ford clinic right now and have em book me a room. á

Good idea, go on, pick up that phone and start dialling, be warned though, you've just got bit by the PAD monster, granted it was just a small nibble but that's how it all begins, face it, you're doomed. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:12 am

affraid Well, welcome to the club! You might as well start looking into some pipe racks -- you'll need some sooner or later!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:49 am

It's such a sinister disease. Twisted Evil Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feazelle-n-it

Registration date : 2014-10-07

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:51 am

My PAD hit me like a guided missile. Got 17 pipes in 3 months. Now I'm in my experimental phase. Have a Nording Eriksen Keystone pipe and a Falcon on the way to do a comparison of the two. For me it really is an obsession not just a disorder. I think I might need that number for Betty Ford too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:20 am

Cheer up--it's not as bad as cannibalism or similar depravity, regardless of what friends, family, or neighbors may say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:49 am

Richard Burley wrote:
Cheer up--it's not as bad as cannibalism or similar depravity, regardless of what friends, family, or neighbors may say.

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Fumus wrote:
Just placed my first online order for a new pipe and a couple other items. áGranted, not a big order, very small actually ($10.00 for a bent MM CG, a 3in1 pipe tool and a replacement stem for my MM Pony Express), but with all the talk and dire warnings about PAD and TAD, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just call the Betty Ford clinic right now and have em book me a room. á

NAH, noyt yet! Wait till you find yourself ordering the same 'baccy and a pipe from 5/6 e'tailers at once !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil "Course you could always claim this :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Oh Fumus, you have strayed to the Darkside!! Twisted Evil But don't worry, it won't hurt...Much Evil or Very Mad Plus, you'll be happy you did it Smile Welcome and enjoy your adventure!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:06 pm

Briar Spirit- Dude, you kinda suck as a cheer leader. may have to take away you pom-poms. Very Happy

Dr. T- Will do. Actually thinking on design for rack or stand I could make myself.

Feazelle- Ill get you that number. obtw, check your pm, I sent you a message.

Ftrplt- My dog told me that the dark side had cookies.

Mr. Burley- Thats what they told me about fly tying. Next thing you know im chasing the family pets with a pair of scissors, mumbling about "egg sucking leaches and green butted skunks". I keep a collection of critter tales and bunny faces in jars! BUNNY FACES!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Richard Burley wrote:

And do they have much to say after the cannibalism bit? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Fumus wrote:
Briar Spirit- Dude, you kinda suck as a cheer leader. may have to take away you pom-poms. Very Happy

Aaaah plop, and I just got some extra fluffy green pom poms too. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:58 pm

It gets better. It really does. I started smoking a pipe in January, and now have at least 20 pipes and approx 20 lbs of baccy cellared up. I just got bit by the danged LAD - Lighter Acquisition Disorder. *Sigh* However, you will hit a plateau where you are happy with what you have, until you run into that awesome sale you can't pass up.

Just roll with the punches and justify it as a hedge against Big Government raising taxes on baccy. That excuse worked with my wife (as long as she doesn't read this post LOL)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:08 pm

I'm glad I'm broke, because my PAD would be out of control. As a new pipe smoker myself, it's easy for me to get caught up in the excitement ..."Oh SHINY!" is my go to phrase.

Hopefully in a few months and the dust settles I will start buying a pipe here and there, and hopefully my PAD will be under control. But for now, I'm happy with what I have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: And so it begins...   Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:29 pm

Fumus wrote:
Just placed my first online order for a new pipe and a couple other items. áGranted, not a big order, very small actually ($10.00 for a bent MM CG, a 3in1 pipe tool and a replacement stem for my MM Pony Express), but with all the talk and dire warnings about PAD and TAD, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just call the Betty Ford clinic right now and have em book me a room. á

Oh dear, another bites the dust! Don't know how to break the news to you old chap, but Betty Ford smoked a pipe too. [just made that up but it made me chuckle. Oh the simple things].

Welcome aboard matey. Properly, welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

And so it begins...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1