Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 4:04 pm

Anyone wear a scarf? Care to show them off?
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Wearing a scarf??? Clay2

Wearing a scarf??? Gourd-13_zpseaf670c5

Almost always come winter, but I don't have any that are special anymore.  The 7 foot long one my mother made me back in the early 80s (Dr Who fan here) got lost somewhere years ago, alas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Just a plain-Jane grey Lands' End Polartec Arctic Fleece thing. Hardly warrants a photo. I don't get the various knots. I just let one side drape and toss the other over my shoulder, then don a coat and mince out the door. Warmer than hell.
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:20 pm

I have a couple of nice scarfs, but the heavier weight shemaghs have become my go-to. Probably because I look so ruggedly handsome in them. lol!
Back to top Go down
jogilli

jogilli

Registration date : 2010-08-08

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:35 am

i have a couple of wool ones.. no pictures of them though.  they come in really handy when it gets cold... stops the wind from going down my shirt and making my belly cold   ;-)

james
Back to top Go down
http://www.jsecpipes.com
Mozjo33

Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:19 am

I wear a scarf all winter. Best secret to stay warm. I normally can go with a lighter jacket or none at all if I have a scarf on. They guys at work always give a me a hard time until they try it themselves. Sorry PB , no pics.
Back to top Go down
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:14 pm

I wear a turkey neck, it's a hunting thing that can go over your mouth, ears and nose if need be. It gets cold as heck in ct in the winter. My four year old loves them, my mother makes them as Xmas gifts for everyone.
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Jevverrett wrote:
I wear a turkey neck, it's a hunting thing that can go over your mouth, ears and nose if need be. It gets cold as heck in ct in the winter.  My four year old loves them, my mother makes them as Xmas gifts for everyone.

Bet that look good with a Fez! Wearing a scarf??? Chees189
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
bentbulldog

bentbulldog

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Jevverrett wrote:
I wear a turkey neck, it's a hunting thing that can go over your mouth, ears and nose if need be. It gets cold as heck in ct in the winter.  My four year old loves them, my mother makes them as Xmas gifts for everyone.

Bet that look good with a Fez! Wearing a scarf??? Chees189

lol! lol! lol!

I wear a scarf...when it's cold. Otherwise no, I already give off a pretentious vibe wearing a fedora and pocket square. Maybe I should start a few movement.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Doody

Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: scarves are the shiznit, gents.   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Wearing a scarf??? Paris10

That's me in Paris just outside Gare du Nord a couple months ago. Can't hang in Paris and look like an ill-dressed American ;-) .

Doody!
Back to top Go down
desertpiper

desertpiper

Registration date : 2012-03-20

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Not much need for one here in Tucson. Unless you go up into the mountains.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Desert, Scarves are wore in deserts all over the world to protect the neck from sun and wind...except American Deserts.
Back to top Go down
desertpiper

desertpiper

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:02 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Desert,   Scarves are wore in deserts all over the world to protect the neck from sun and wind...except American Deserts.
Your right, I never thought of that. I never see scarves out here, especially in the summer. except I'll see hipsters where them when ever. But what to you expect from them, they'll were wool beanie hats in the summer.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:41 pm

I'm not 100% sure what a hipster is, but I hate em
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Labeling people only separates and give a reason to hate. Why can't people just be "people"? Why do we try so hard to put them into categorizes. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:53 pm

I don't know what labelers are, but I hate em!
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:54 pm

puros_bran wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 6:22 pm

puros_bran wrote:

p_b you just hate EVERYBODY !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil My 90 yo mother has a bumper sticker taped to one of her cabinet doors in the kitchen that says: "The more I complain, the LONGER god makes me live !" Reminds me of you !! Live long bro !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
desertpiper

desertpiper

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 6:57 pm

See what kind of trouble hipsters start. They hi jacked the thread!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:02 pm

monbla256 wrote:
puros_bran wrote:

p_b you just hate EVERYBODY !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil My 90 yo mother has a bumper sticker taped to one of her cabinet doors in the kitchen that says: "The more I complain, the LONGER god makes me live !" Reminds me of you !! Live long bro !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You have zero sense of humor and are honestly the biggest crybaby I've ever met.. The world became a little darker the day you were born.
Back to top Go down
desertpiper

desertpiper

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:10 pm

I kind of thought monbla was having some fun with you.
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:51 pm

...I have a white and black one, an olive and black one, and an olive and black with skulls that could be confused as being hipster... but I'm too old for that nonsense... but I do have a beard. lol!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Hipster!!!
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 9:52 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Hipster!!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Feazelle-n-it

Feazelle-n-it

Registration date : 2014-10-07

Wearing a scarf??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing a scarf???   Wearing a scarf??? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 pm

I just recently started wearing one while I smoke. I find myself asking why I waited so long to try one. THEY'RE GREAT!! I don't smoke in cold weather without one now.
Back to top Go down

Wearing a scarf???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Haberdashery-
Jump to: