HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Someone broke into my house tonight.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gumball

Registration date : 2011-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Someone broke into my house tonight.   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Simple Man wrote:
I just read this article and thought it was very interesting in light of all that has been discussed in this thread.

The law in dear old blighty is a little different. We do not have any legal handgun ownership by the public, although shotguns and hunting rifles are fairly common amongst the 'country set' and rural types who can show a need for them.

The law used to require that one only used 'reasonable force' to defend oneself. However, this has been clarified to allow the use of disproportionate but not grossly disproportionate force.

So remember to think through the possible ramifications of your actions when awoken by a burglar at 3am. I know my head is clear as a summers day and I would be able to use just the right level of legally sanctions force. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bullwinkle

Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Someone broke into my house tonight.   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Feazelle-n-it wrote:
That seems a little suspicious. But then again I'm a skeptic. My sister and brother in law are police officers and I hear all the horror stories. Anyone who breaks into my house is getting a warning to leave or the business end of a shotgun.

serious..  you are ready to do that? (you will need deep pockets)

old guy next door had  Alzheimer's and would occasionally wonder over and would sometimes come confused wondering where his wife was.  

I'm also confused as to how a woman in that condition could force open a door. when you in broad daylight in good condition couldn't do it? usually robbers don't wander around beatup and confused. more likely someone after messing her up dumped her.

of course YMMV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deathmetal

Registration date : 2015-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Someone broke into my house tonight.   Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:47 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Strange thing, when it was over and the police were leaving, I asked for an incident report number. Got a big sigh and a pause, like they didn't want to give it to me.

Cops around here like to have incidents without paperwork or that generate statistics. They encourage people not to report most break-ins and muggings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deathmetal.org/

Someone broke into my house tonight.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4