HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. Empty
PostSubject: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 2:14 pm

I've known about this for a while, but couldn't say anything until there was an official announcement. Russ O wrote today:

I love my job. I think most of you know that from things I've written, but what I'm going to do today is one of the most enjoyable parts of what I do. You see, I get to unleash some news that will have a lot of people doing a happy dance. We listened to your requests and worked with a manufacturer to ask for the return of a much-missed pipe tobacco. We're pleased to let you know that sometime early next year, we'll be able to bring back to the US market, Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. It will be available in 50 gram tins (sorry, no 100g this time) and it will be exclusive to PipesandCigars.com for the first couple of months. It should land some time in February of 2015, so keep on the lookout. I just got to try a sample that was sent to the office, and it's as good as it ever was. This is going to be fun.
Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 2:19 pm

That's great news, Jim! I have one of the original 100g tins left here. Good to know I'll be able to get more! cheers

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Very nice!

Thanks for the good news.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 2:34 pm

I saw that yesterday, too.

I don't usually get too excited about new blends or returning blends (although I'm waiting for GLP to come up with a new VaPer extra heavy on the perique), but this one is an exception. I was gifted some a while back and blew through about 50g in no time...I can't WAIT to get my hands on whole mess of this stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 3:20 pm

I've been smoking Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Flake for a while now (rumored to be nearly the same stuff). I hope the Orlik will be the same product as before, since I never had the chance to try that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 4:04 pm

This is a great Christmas present from Orlik and from PipesandCigars.com.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Wonder if it's gonna be another $36 per 50gr tin tobacco? I guess we wait and see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 4:20 pm

williamcharles wrote:
Wonder if it's gonna be another $36 per 50gr tin tobacco? I guess we wait and see.

From those folks, probably !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 7:06 pm

fsu92john wrote:
I've been smoking Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Flake for a while now (rumored to be nearly the same stuff). I hope the Orlik will be the same product as before, since I never had the chance to try that one.

Russ told me that it's the same as it used to be, which is good news. I preferred Orlik's to PH, and could tell a difference. Both are good, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Sounds like something I'd like to try some day. Having more options is always better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 9:44 pm

Never had it, but have read positive things. Look forward to trying it.

Cheers,

RR

Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. Purple11x 2Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. Bombx10Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. BombOrlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. D6bddf10 Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:20 am

Brewdude wrote:
Never had it, but have read positive things. Look forward to trying it.

Cheers,

RR

Same here!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 12:05 pm

JimInks wrote:
fsu92john wrote:

Russ told me that it's the same as it used to be, which is good news. I preferred Orlik's to PH, and could tell a difference. Both are good, though.

I agree Jim. Definitely in the same ballpark, but not exactly identical. Close enough that PH was a suitable replacement, but if both are available I'd opt for the Orlik.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 pm

idbowman wrote:
JimInks wrote:
fsu92john wrote:

I agree Jim.  Definitely in the same ballpark, but not exactly identical.  Close enough that PH was a suitable replacement, but if both are available I'd opt for the Orlik.

So would I!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 3:53 pm

And I'm in the happy situation that P&C won't ship to South Africa!! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.   Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:53 am

Always nice to hear of old discontinued blends being resurrected. This is one that I no longer smoke and have sold all of my old Tall Boy tins a little while ago. It's for the heavy hitters, and I don't fall into that category anymore favoring some milder blends presently. Russ is always on top of things, that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Returns.
Page 1 of 1