HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance.   Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Jevverrett wrote:
This is killing me now, is penzance really that great? I never heard of it before today, and never saw it in a tobacco shop. It was sold out on every site I tried to buy it from, but so was st james flake not long ago. scratch

After smoking what was probably the BEST Lat forward blend EVER made, Balkan Sobranie 759, for over 30 years, Penzance is nowhere near as good a Latakia focused blend. If you want to experience what the old 759 was like call the boys in Bean Town, L.J. Perettii, and order a half # of Royal Blend and smoke a CLASSIC !! JMHO Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance.   Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 9:49 pm

I've just been perusing the L.J Peretti site, Ty for steering me towards it. It has some serious pipes and a good range of tobacco blends available. And some of the estates on there are going into my "pipes to buy" favorites folder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance.   Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Jevverrett wrote:
I've just been perusing the L.J Peretti site, Ty for steering me towards it. It has some serious pipes and a good range of tobacco blends available. And some of the estates on there are going into my "pipes to buy" favorites folder.

Their store branded pipes are made for them by FTG who makes Edward's pipes and are made as the Edward's of old, with oil cured Algerian briar, some of the BEST smoking wood you'll EVER get in a pipe !! I have two, both their straight grain seconds and I still can't figure out why they were graded as such ! PERFECT in ALL aspects of a pipe and some nice straight grain all around the bowls ! WELL WORTH their price ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance.   Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 am

monbla256 wrote:
Jevverrett wrote:

Their store branded pipes are made for them by FTG who makes Edward's pipes and are made as the Edward's of old, with oil cured Algerian briar, some of the BEST smoking wood you'll EVER get in a pipe !! I have two, both their straight grain seconds and I still can't figure out why they were graded as such ! PERFECT in ALL aspects of a pipe and some nice straight grain all around the bowls ! WELL WORTH their price ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'll have to check those out. I have a brother in that area I've been meaning to visit. I think I may have to make a personal appearance at some point. I love poking around a good tobacconists' shop
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Almost threw away 8oz of finely aged penzance.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2