HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

LJ Peretti: Yuletide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:40 am

I have not tried this one. It appears to be a crumble cake, much like the Thanksgiving Blend. This one is a blend of virginia and cavendish tobaccos graced with the essence of plum brandy. They also say that they offer a cheaper shipping option now.

I might have to pass on this one. The holiday crunch is on and any extra cash I have right now is going to the wife for Christmas shopping. santa

Has anyone tried their Yuletide Blend?

Here's a link... http://www.ljperetti.com/l-j-peretti-tobacco-cat/yuletide.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:36 am

Simple Man wrote:

I have not tried this one. It appears to be a crumble cake, much like the Thanksgiving Blend. This one is a blend of virginia and cavendish tobaccos graced with the essence of plum brandy. They also say that they offer a cheaper shipping option now.

I might have to pass on this one. The holiday crunch is on and any extra cash I have right now is going to the wife for Christmas shopping. santa

I don't know Jack, seems they're charging me $20 Ground (cheapest) for around $20/4oz. of tobacco. I think they'll have to wake up to the fact no ones going to pay that for tobacco
when there's so many with cheaper rates. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:46 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
Simple Man wrote:

I don't know Jack, seems they're charging me $20 Ground (cheapest) for around $20/4oz. of tobacco. I think they'll have to wake up to the fact no ones going to pay that for tobacco
when there's so many with cheaper rates. Suspect

Ok, that is a bit high. I didn't check it out, but when they said cheaper shipping, I expected a significant reduction. I agree, shipping of $20 is way to high for 4oz of tobacco. I really don't understand that at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 am

I think they may have a deal with UPS that has to do with the size of the box and not so much the weight. I've made a few purchases from Peretti's in the last few months and found the cost to ship 4 oz. is about (within a buck or so) the same as the cost to ship 8 or 16 oz. I've placed 4, 8 and 16 oz. orders, the only constant has been the size of box each of my orders came in. My plan now is to wait until I can order 16 oz. before ordering.

I forgot to mention I have not tried the Yuletide blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:16 pm

I read on another forum that if you call them they will work out a cheaper shipping option for you, but for the moment UPS is all that is offered with online orders. Of course I found this out after their Thanksgiving Day blend and 15% off sale were done & gone.

Oh well, maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Actually, I just when through their entire online form all the way up to payment, and they do have much cheaper shipping options available now.

For 4 ounces of tobacco shipped to CA, I show options for First Class Mail Parcel at $2.38, Priority at $7.15, and UPS ground for 13.48.

Good on them...Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:57 pm

That is great news for Peretti's fans. I'm pretty happy, now I can try their other blends without feeling "had" when I complete my order, which means they will get more of my business.

I did get my last order under the 15% off sale. Nice.

BTW D&B, if you haven't tried Thanksgiving Day and would like to I can hook you up. Just PM.

Last edited by RobJ on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:00 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Actually, I just when through their entire online form all the way up to payment, and they do have much cheaper shipping options available now.

For 4 ounces of tobacco shipped to CA, I show options for First Class Mail Parcel at $2.38, Priority at $7.15, and UPS ground for 13.48.

Good on them...Very Happy   cheers

Fantastic! Maybe I'll be able to try the Yuletide after all. They do have some nice tobacco choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Simple Man wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:

Fantastic! Maybe I'll be able to try the Yuletide after all. They do have some nice tobacco choices.

They have a bit of "attitude " on the phone but that's how I would suggest would be the BEST way to order from them! It's how I've ordered from them for years and NEVER had any problems. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:21 pm

Simple Man wrote:

lol! Spoken like a true devotee of the hellish weed, Jack! I'm right proud of ya'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:38 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:

Unsure why they charge less to go farther. There was NO other option when I went on there today and I did go completely through to check out. Maybe there a bit prejudiced with Texans or Southerners. Suspect

Okay, never mind, I went back on and yes it's lower and more shipping options.
Just my luck I'd go on there just before they updated there site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
monbla256

monbla256

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Back in July when I ordered my last 8 oz paint can of RB I recall paying $10.50 or so for Parcel Post delivery to Texas. Don't be in such a hurry and you pay less !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big G

Big G

Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:58 am

The drop in shipping prices to USPS Priority gave me incentive to order the 8 oz. paint can of Park Square I've been wanting to pick up.  That stuff is absolutely de-frickin-licous and should age just beautifully.  It also gave me the opportunity to pick up some Dundee to try.
Plus, what the heck, I'm a sucker for Christmas blends so I couldn't resist the Yuletide.
I don't hesitate to try any of the Peretti blends, since I've never had a bad one and have discovered some new favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HamishMcDowell

HamishMcDowell

Registration date : 2013-10-16

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:29 pm

I ordered 4 oz of yuldite and 2 oz of other blends yesterday and my shipping charge was $3.28. I would certainly call that fair. Cheers all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

PostSubject: Re: LJ Peretti: Yuletide   Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:36 pm

'Coarse Ron lives back in the piney woods of E. Texas and all delivery services have to use mules to get back there thru the trees to deliver packages so they charge MORE !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

LJ Peretti: Yuletide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: