HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Not just a running gag

Go down 
AuthorMessage
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

Not just a running gag Empty
PostSubject: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:27 pm

So it's Christmas time, which means a lot of former employees and retirees are in and out of the office for Christmas parties and the like.  I was milling around in the cafeteria saying hello to some of the familiar faces and I smelled something I couldn't quite place.

It was driving me crazy until I made my way around to one of the retired ad reps...clearly she was the source, but I still couldn't put my finger on it.  Then it hit me.  I walked passed her a few more times just to be sure, but I swear to you it was Lakeland Essence.  And not like "hey it's an old lady wearing perfume and we like to joke about how GH/SG scents smell like old lady perfume, hardy har har," either.  I mean it was DEAD ON, like she'd rubbed herself down with some scented flake or another.

Just thought I'd share   Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:30 pm

idbowman wrote:
... but I swear to you it was Lakeland Essence.  And not like "hey it's an old lady wearing perfume and we like to joke about how GH/SG scents smell like old lady perfume, hardy har har," either.  I mean it was DEAD ON, like she'd rubbed herself down with some scented flake or another.

I'm getting mixed messages here... so was she an old lady or she simply smelled like one? :runninggag: Laughing Did she offer you a pipeful? albino

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fumus

Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Was she a single older lady? Cause if so, she may have been cruising for a pipe smoking man and what you smelled was her attractor scent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Fumus wrote:
Was she a single older lady? Cause if so, she may have been cruising for a pipe smoking man and what you smelled was her attractor scent.  

+1 This is what I suspect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Mozjo33

Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:53 pm

I don't even know where to go with this one... affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alandadp

alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Was her name Ms Gawith or Ms Hoggarth by any chance? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 8:58 pm

In a similar vein, I've noticed that the Mexican Americans that work in our Tap Room seem to have a preference for cologne that also resembles the Lakeland character. No matter if they're male or female, they all seem to use copious amounts of this. To the degree that it's pervasive to the point of being overwhelming!

Must be a cultural thing, and I'm not at all disrespecting them as they are some of our finest employees. It's just that their choice of ode-cologne wrinkles my nose.

Reminds me much of old ladies foo-foo!

silent

Cheers,

RR

Not just a running gag Purple11x 2Not just a running gag Bombx10  Not just a running gag Bombx5Not just a running gag D6bddf10 Not just a running gag 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:12 pm

According to a friend of mine's 30 yo son, COUGARS make the best lovers!! Did you get her #? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:40 pm

monbla256 wrote:
According to a friend of mine's 30 yo son, COUGARS make the best lovers!! Did you get her #? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Huh?

You can't be addressing me!

Exclamation

Cheers?

RR

Not just a running gag Purple11x 2Not just a running gag Bombx10  Not just a running gag Bombx5Not just a running gag D6bddf10 Not just a running gag 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Brewdude wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Huh?

Exclamation

Cheers?

RR

Of course NOT!! You're like me, TOO OLD !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Idbowman's just the right age !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:54 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Huh?

Exclamation

Cheers?

RR

Of course NOT!! You're like me, TOO OLD !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Idbowman's just the right age !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Allrighty then!

rabbit

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:25 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Must be a cultural thing, and I'm not at all disrespecting them as they are some of our finest employees. It's just that their choice of ode-cologne wrinkles my nose.

Could be. I once worked with a girl from Nicaragua who is probably in the top five of the most beautiful women I have ever met. She would come in to work in the morning smelling like she just got back from doing 50 laps in an Olympic sized swimming pool full of Charlie. She also had 2 Glade plug-ins in her cubicle constantly spritzing out scented oil. Perhaps she was hiding something more nefarious? Or maybe she thought we didn't smell glorious enough?

I'll never know for sure but I'll take smoking any scented Lakeland tobacco over having to smell her perfume any day of the week. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 9:58 am

monbla256 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Huh?

Exclamation

Cheers?

RR

Of course NOT!! You're like me, TOO OLD !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Idbowman's just the right age !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I don't think Mrs. Idbowman would be too thrilled if I were to start hanging out with such wildlife.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beardedbassguy

beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:34 am

idbowman wrote:

I don't think Mrs. Idbowman would be too thrilled if I were to start hanging out with such wildlife.

If she is anything like my wife, then that is an understatement.

I love my wife, and she is simply amazing. I wouldn't EVER want another lady.
But if I did cheat... Lord help me, it would be bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fumus

Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 2:37 pm

"Its a wise monkey who doesn't monkey with another monkey's monkey"
Or..
"Ma loved Pa, Pa loved women. Ma caught Pa with two in swimmin. Here lies Pa."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Not just a running gag   Not just a running gag EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 9:10 pm

I had enough trouble finding a woman who could put up with me, and my pipe. Two kids later, and I don't think I'll be moving on
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Not just a running gag
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: