HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scotties22

scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays Empty
PostSubject: Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays   Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Over the past few months I have gotten into other types of wood turning.  I have made more than a handful of bowls and one vase.  I have made a few peppermills (although I keep forgetting to take pictures of them).  Here are some pictures of the last bowl I finished, the ash tray that is almost done and the vase.

Osage Orange bowl.  9" in diameter 4.5" tall  Heath found this piece of wood at the dump...score!!

Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays Dsc00415
Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays Dsc00416
Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays Dsc00417

Cherry dried flower vase  3" wide 4" tall  This is a piece of Cherry we brought back with us this fall from the family farm. I turned it very very wet so it cracked in a few places...I know better now :-)

Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays Dsc00418
Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays Dsc00419

Tulip Poplar ash tray.  5" wide a little under 2" tall.  I still have to get a cork for the knocker

Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays 20141210
Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays 20141211

Thanks for looking.
Socottie
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladybriar.com
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays   Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:45 pm

Outstanding work there Scottie. Especially like the bowl - that's some incredible wood!!

cheers

Cheers,

RR

Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays Purple11x 3Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays Bombx10Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays Bombx10  Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays D6bddf10 Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays Cowboy13Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays   Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:23 pm

Love that ash tray...who would put ashes in it, as good as it looks.
Back to top Go down

Bowls, Vases and Ash Trays
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: