HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Germains Special Latakia Flake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tarheel7734

tarheel7734

Registration date : 2014-10-16

Germains Special Latakia Flake Empty
PostSubject: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:18 am

I really want to try this and compare it to penzance. Problem is i can not find it anywhere in the U.S. or any place that will ship it to the U.S.. Does anyone know where it can be had?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:21 am

Tarheel, Special Latakia Flake is as rare as a hens-tooth, and probably more challeging to find than Penzance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarheel7734

tarheel7734

PostSubject: Re: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:25 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Tarheel, Special Latakia Flake is as rare as a hens-tooth, and probably more challeging to find than Penzance.
Lol it is in stock in several shops in the U.K. but wont ship to us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allyby

allyby

Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:19 pm

tarheel7734 wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Lol it is in stock in several shops in the U.K. but wont ship to us.

Trust me I've already been through all this for a friend, and the truth is the the websites are not updated, as Drums and Beer said, it's rarer than hens teeth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 12:56 am

tarheel7734 wrote:
Does anyone know where it can be had?

I just pulled a tin out of the cabinet, and so I know where to find it. The small print says, "Manufactured by: J.F. Germain & Son, Jersey, Channel Islands, Great Britain. Please share with tarheel7734." Guess you'll have to PM me your location. You have the noble intent of smoking it, and I suggest you savor this tin, as it is indeed scarce.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarheel7734

tarheel7734

PostSubject: Re: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 1:23 am

Lesath wrote:
tarheel7734 wrote:
Does anyone know where it can be had?

I just pulled a tin out of the cabinet, and so I know where to find it. The small print says, "Manufactured by: J.F. Germain & Son, Jersey, Channel Islands, Great Britain.  Please share with tarheel7734."  Guess you'll have to PM me your location.  You have the noble intent of smoking it, and I suggest you savor this tin, as it is indeed scarce.  
Thanks so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 1:55 am

You're welcome. Now, if you only had some Krumble Kake...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarheel7734

tarheel7734

PostSubject: Re: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 1:58 am

Lesath wrote:
You're welcome.  Now, if you only had some Krumble Kake...
I would love to find some so i could do a 3 way comparason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 2:48 am

Wow! Now there's a generous offer. Good on you Lesath. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:09 am

Indeed. Well done Lesath!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lb

Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Germains Special Latakia Flake   Germains Special Latakia Flake EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:51 am

Very special tobacco the SLF . However , very different to penzanse. IMO the taste of slf was given mainly by the virginias while in penzanse it was the turkish latakia components. I miss both blends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Germains Special Latakia Flake
Page 1 of 1