HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Smokers Haven Krumble Kake?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tarheel7734

tarheel7734

Registration date : 2014-10-16

Smokers Haven Krumble Kake? Empty
PostSubject: Smokers Haven Krumble Kake?   Smokers Haven Krumble Kake? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 2:11 am

I know a lot of people say this is the same as Penzance, but they say the same about Germain's Special Latakia Flake. Thanks to a friend, i will have a tin of slf to compare to penzance. If i can find any Krumble Kake i will compare that also, but unlikely. So those who have compared them what say you? Are they all similar, or are they different enough? Three white whales to aquire. Is it hype or all good?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Smokers Haven Krumble Kake?   Smokers Haven Krumble Kake? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 4:12 pm

I can't really tell the difference between KK and Penzance. Well, I think Penzance is sweeter, but it may all very well be in my head. In practice, the difference I've tasted between KK and Penzance is at the same level of the variation I find in two tins of Penzance of different age. But I still think Penzance is slightly the sweetest of the two, and that's why I stopped chasing after KK (I preferred my Latakia blends on the sweet side). But my tests were done over a decade ago, who knows what may have changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Smokers Haven Krumble Kake?   Smokers Haven Krumble Kake? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Actually, your task of comparisons is only beginning.

Comparing those three blends can also be one of the presentation inside of the tin.  When you get that SLF, you may discover that your preparation is a bit different than Penzance.  It's still a flake, but... You'll see.  

There is another comparison to be made, and that is within the blends that reside in the Esoterica stable.  Penzance is a very fragile flake, but you should try it side by side with Margate, which shares components, but is not a flake.  Since we're considering that, now we have to bring in Pembroke, which has cognac added.  Esoterica definitely expanded upon a theme.  I've got the feeling, that you're going to have the opportunity very soon to make this comparison.  I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are, as this is all new to you, and your viewpoint will be fresh. 

It's a shame that the Esoterica blends are not more readily available, but as the general consensus (which I agree with) states, there are plenty of excellent blends to be had currently.  However, it is good tobacco, and you should have the chance to try it.  Especially if you discover that you don't care for it, and it prevents you from dropping the hammer on an impulse buy.  Rest assured, we've quite the buffet available for our palates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LZ639

LZ639

Registration date : 2015-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Smokers Haven Krumble Kake?   Smokers Haven Krumble Kake? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Either way, it's highly unlikely that KK will be coming back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Smokers Haven Krumble Kake?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: