HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

STG brands list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:53 pm

Here's what STG, Scandanavian Tobacco Group, says is their complete list of Tobacco Brands they blend mixtures for.  You'll notice Dunhill is absent but that's because Orlik owns the brand and orlik is owned and made by STG !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Aaaah the world of buidness  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://www.st-group.com/pipe-tobacco/complete-brand-list-pipe-tobacco
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:38 am

monbla256 wrote:
 You'll notice Dunhill is absent but that's because Orlik owns the brand and orlik is owned and made by STG !!
The Dunhill brand (not Alfred Dunhill Ltd who makes the pipes) is owned by British American Tobacco and produced in Denmark by the Orlik division of STG since 2005. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:52 pm

daveinlax wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
 You'll notice Dunhill is absent but that's because Orlik owns the brand and orlik is owned and made by STG !!
The Dunhill brand (not Alfred Dunhill Ltd who makes the pipes) is owned by British American Tobacco and produced in Denmark by the Orlik division of STG since 2005. Shocked  

Dunhill don't make pipes anymore.  It's now sold under the name of The White Spot Pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks bro Monbla, this is an eye opener for me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:09 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
Thanks bro Monbla, this is an eye opener for me!

Here's another for ya, they DON"T SELL ANYTHING related to tobacco at the Dunhill store in London anymore ! I have an attorney friend that does buidness in London and is a pipe smoker and he went over back in September of last year and went to the NEW Dunhill store or "Home" as they refer to them now and was told that ALL tobacco products were now sold at the WHITE SPOT location dowm the way !! All that is in the old Jermyn location are high end mens furnishings and clothes !! Also he brought back some literature about it and the famous lower case art deco type is still used for dunhill as opposed to the upper/lower case script used on the tins for the tobacco we get over here!! They sold the brand to BAT when Richmont made corporate changes back in '05/'06 . As Bobby zimmerman sang, "... the times they are a changin" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:42 pm

Bobby Zimmerman, lol. Cool

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:51 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
daveinlax wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Dunhill don't make pipes anymore.  It's now sold under the name of The White Spot Pipes.
FYI They still do. They are stamped Alfred The White Spot Dunhill. It's just a change in nomenclature that happens every so often. The White Spot Pipe is a very old trademark for Dunhill pipes.  Shocked

monbla256 wrote:

Here's another for ya, they DON"T SELL ANYTHING related to tobacco at the Dunhill store in London anymore ! I have an attorney friend that does buidness in London and is a pipe smoker and he went over back in September of last year and went to the NEW Dunhill store or "Home" as they refer to them now and was told that ALL tobacco products were now sold at the WHITE SPOT location dowm the way !! All that is in the old Jermyn location are high end mens furnishings and clothes !! Also he brought back some literature about it and the famous lower case art deco type is still used for dunhill as opposed to the upper/lower case script used on the tins for the tobacco we get over here!! They sold the brand to BAT when Richmont made corporate changes back in '05/'06 . As Bobby zimmerman sang, "... the times they are a changin" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

This is old news Alfred Dunhill Ltd. hasn't sold tobacco since 2005. The I believe the new shop/Lounge just licenses the Dunhill name like all the branded cigar shops/lounges do here in the states.
Again this is very old news and things have changed over the years but basically the Tobacco division was gone long before Richemont. They (Dunhill, Carreras, Rothmans) were in parallel corporations before they split for good. If you are interested I can recommend a couple of books. Like many international corporations Dunhill's have been very complicated since the very beginning but unlike all the other great English pipe firms they are still around. The key is they were the only one to diversify from pipes very early in their story. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Dunhill don't make pipes anymore. It's made by another company and that's why the name had to change and the quality went down the drain, same as with the Dunhill tobaccos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
Dunhill don't make pipes anymore.  It's made by another company and that's why the name had to change and the quality went down the drain, same as with the Dunhill tobaccos.

Check with Daveinlax as he know s ALL about Dunhill!! But as you've stated before, they were FACTORY made pipes so were lousy to begin with!! You've convinced me that I need to burn ALL 100 + of my lousy factory made pipes and just buy Artison pipes !! I don't know why I thought these pipe smoked so well I thought all these years!! You have opened my eyes !! What a Face What a Face Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:11 pm

What I'm posting here is hearsay, but it may be of some interest.

I asked at the local b&m about Dunhill pipe manufacture. They said that there are two locations where the pipes are made. The regular Dunhill pipes and other lesser lines, such as Parker, are made in a factory in Walthamstow that also makes other high quality goods for other companies. I don't think the factory belongs to Dunhill, therefore these are made under contract for them. The other location is where higher end Dunhills are made, as well as the Charatans after Dunhill bought back the brand. Colin Fromm is the pipe maker producing these lines. They couldn't tell me much about the second production facility, but it seems that it does belong to Dunhill and that Colin is a Dunhill employee. Dunhill, therefore, does make pipes. Colin is also responsible for quality control of the rest of the Dunhill line of pipes.

I don't know what is the current relation between Alfred Dunhill The White Spot pipe brand and the actual Alfred Dunhill brand and forgot to ask. But would like to know that...

About 10 years ago I had a warranty issue with a Dunhill pipe. City Music Marketing were the distributors, but the warranty issue was dealt directly by the Alfred Dunhill offices in NYC. Yes, they sent me a new pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:24 pm

I want to throw in my two cents. At least there is a company out there willing to try and preserve all these brands in some way. They may not be what they were, but I believe a good portion of these brands they produce would be gone forever otherwise.

As for dunhill. Hands down some of the best blends on the planet in my opinion. The only one I haven't loved first try is the flake. I'm still smoking it though, I'm positive it'll come around for me. I don't know about the pipes. I haven't brought myself to spend 600+ dollars on one YET. I probably will some day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Jevverrett wrote:
I want to throw in my two cents. At least there is a company out there willing to try and preserve all these brands in some way. They may not be what they were, but I believe a good portion of these brands they produce would be gone forever otherwise.

As for dunhill. Hands down some of the best blends on the planet in my opinion. The only one I haven't loved first try is the flake. I'm still smoking it though, I'm positive it'll come around for me. I don't know about the pipes. I haven't brought myself to spend 600+ dollars on one YET. I probably will some day.

Nor do you ever have to. If it's a Dunnie you really want, there are tons and bunches of hallmarked estates available every day for pennies on the dollar. You just have to be patient, looking, and ready. Not to mention researching the seller as well as the pipe and its value. But you probably know all this.

Unless it was some limited release piece that commanded that kind of price and it was a "must have", no way would you have to spend upwards of $600.

JMHO as always.

Cheers,

RR

STG brands list Purple11x 2STG brands list Bombx10STG brands list BombSTG brands list D6bddf10 STG brands list 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
monbla256

monbla256

STG brands list Empty
PostSubject: Re: STG brands list   STG brands list EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Wet Dottle wrote:
What I'm posting here is hearsay, but it may be of some interest.

I asked at the local b&m about Dunhill pipe manufacture. They said that there are two locations where the pipes are made. The regular Dunhill pipes and other lesser lines, such as Parker, are made in a factory in Walthamstow that also makes other high quality goods for other companies. I don't think the factory belongs to Dunhill, therefore these are made under contract for them. The other location is where higher end Dunhills are made, as well as the Charatans after Dunhill bought back the brand. Colin Fromm is the pipe maker producing these lines. They couldn't tell me much about the second production facility, but it seems that it does belong to Dunhill and that Colin is a Dunhill employee. Dunhill, therefore, does make pipes. Colin is also responsible for quality control of the rest of the Dunhill line of pipes.

I don't know what is the current relation between Alfred Dunhill The White Spot pipe brand and the actual Alfred Dunhill brand and forgot to ask. But would like to know that...

About 10 years ago I had a warranty issue with a Dunhill pipe. City Music Marketing were the distributors, but the warranty issue was dealt directly by the Alfred Dunhill offices in NYC. Yes, they sent me a new pipe.

From what I've seen recently and read in several of the financial pages over the past few years, the trademark dunhill is NOT used on ANY tobacco related product per the Richmont groups wish to sperate them from what they do not consider a currently marketable item in the direction of High End Mens Furnishings that they have directed the firm to go. My friend the attorney that does business in London and has almost 200 Dunhills tells me that he could find NO currently made pipes in the White Spot store marked dunhill as they were. They are marked White Spot with Alfred in a curve above and Dunhill in a curve below all in the same type face. From this I would summize that dunhill as it was is gone. BTW I got to see one of the "new" Colin Fromm Charatans and they are some NICE pipes probably as good as the old pre-"Dunhill" produced pipes. Personally I always prefered the pipes Charatan made to dunhill's when I was buying them back in the early '70s. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

STG brands list
Page 1 of 1