HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Champaign, IL B&M's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Champaign, IL B&M's   Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:10 pm

Being a gooberment worker, I got today off and took a trip over to Champaign. Visited both Bacca Cigar and Jon's Pipe shop. Had a great time and spent lots of money trying to boost the economy.

I have been to Bacca several times. Very nice place, reasonable prices. Great place to sit and chat and enjoy a pipe or cigar. Great selection.

First time in Jon's. World famous B&M. A lot of history in this place. A little smaller than expected, but it's packed full of everything. Had some great conversation. Enjoyed a sample bowl of one of their Balkan blends. Picked up a couple pounds for the cellar. Right among the U of I campus area.

Great visit. Any of you guys get near Champaign, stop in and say hi to these folks.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Champaign, IL B&M's   Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Carlos wrote:
Being a gooberment worker, I got today off and took a trip over to Champaign. Visited both Bacca Cigar and Jon's Pipe shop. Had a great time and spent lots of money trying to boost the economy.

So that's where our taxpayer dollars are going! Rid'n around buying tobacco! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad you had a great day off Carlos! Everyone needs to be able to do that now and again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Champaign, IL B&M's   Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:29 am

Visited Jon's while on business in Champagne. Really neat store; do wish it were a bit larger...but maybe that's the charm! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bulldog Bruce

Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Champaign, IL B&M's   Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:48 am

I spent a few months in Champaign a long time ago going thru some training at the Air Force Base. Knew several people going to school at U of I, I had a blast. Think that base is closed now.

Bd

Never Forget!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Champaign, IL B&M's   Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Jon's is a great place to visit! Though it's small, they have lots and lots of drawers and cabinets full of stuff...mainly pipes and tobacco.

My next trip through there, I'll have to find the Bacca shop.

Thanks Carlos!

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Champaign, IL B&M's   Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Justpipes wrote:
Carlos wrote:

So that's where our taxpayer dollars are going! Rid'n around buying tobacco! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad you had a great day off Carlos! Everyone needs to be able to do that now and again. Very Happy

If that's where our tax dollars are going I feel better about the whole thing!!!! jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Champaign, IL B&M's   Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:22 pm

It's not bad being a government drone,right Carlos?I just spent a week in Ok.
at the Club Fed training facility where I gained 2 lbs. from the cruise ship food. Laughing

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Champaign, IL B&M's   Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:43 pm

It was a great day. The view was spectacular of course. Middle 70's with seemingly all the college students out walking in the sun. Amazing to see so many lovely ladies in one area. Cool

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Champaign, IL B&M's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: