HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy   Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:02 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
In 2012, I had back surgery, so I need to avoid lifting containers filled with liquid. For the most part, the conical will get me away from having to do that.

I'll have a leg kit designed for it so I can open a valve and rack directly to a keg. Of course the conical can be cleaned from the top down and drained from the bottom, plus I typically harvest the yeast for a few batches and that too will be so much easier. Mostly I am looking forward to not having to run the extra refrigeration needed to keep fermentation temps constant. I had a great Danish made Master Built freezer fridge that finally gave up the ghost. It was wicked-bad on our power bills. So much so that I altogether stopped brewing in the summer months.

Sounds like you have this well in hand Chris. Will you be running Propylene Glycol on the jacket for the ferm?

Cheers,

RR

Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 Purple11x 2Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 Bombx10  Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 Bombx5Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 D6bddf10 Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy   Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Brewdude wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:
In 2012, I had back surgery, so I need to avoid lifting containers filled with liquid. For the most part, the conical will get me away from having to do that.

I'll have a leg kit designed for it so I can open a valve and rack directly to a keg. Of course the conical can be cleaned from the top down and drained from the bottom, plus I typically harvest the yeast for a few batches and that too will be so much easier. Mostly I am looking forward to not having to run the extra refrigeration needed to keep fermentation temps constant. I had a great Danish made Master Built freezer fridge that finally gave up the ghost. It was wicked-bad on our power bills. So much so that I altogether stopped brewing in the summer months.

Sounds like you have this well in hand Chris. Will you be running Propylene Glycol on the jacket for the ferm?

Cheers,

RR

Wait a minute! Why would he use goopy aro-sauce for brewing?!?! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy   Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Thomas Tkach wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:

Cheers,

RR

Wait a minute! Why would he use goopy aro-sauce for brewing?!?! lol!

For the cooling jacket on the fermenter. But you probably know this.

Cheers,

RR

Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 Purple11x 2Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 Bombx10  Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 Bombx5Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 D6bddf10 Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy   Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 1:43 am

Brewdude wrote:

Cheers,

RR

Yes sir, that's the plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Had some of the "Unobtainiums" fave 'baccy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: