HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review. Empty
PostSubject: Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review.   Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review. EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:45 pm

The red Virginias are mildly tangy, earthy, sweet with a touch of dark fruit. The white burley is dryly sharp with some sourness, while the brown burleys are slightly sweet and toasted nutty, though the latter is often drowned out by the former. The perique is mildly present with a little spice, raisin and plum. The Katirini Turkish is very smoky and woody with some dry sour notes, and is more obvious than the tin description describes. Overall, this sweet and sour plug is easily broken apart, and some flavors can be subtle as they are often more noticeable at various times during the smoke. Burns cool and dry with no dull or harsh spots, no bite and no dottle. I think it works best when puffed at a slow or moderate rate as white burley can show more strength when it's smoked fast. A regular cadence will better reveal the complexity of the blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review.   Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review. EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:07 pm

Another fine review Jim. Not familiar with this one, but based on your review I'll certainly put it in my list of "must-try".

Cheers,

RR

Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review. Purple11x 2Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review. Bombx10  Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review. Bombx5Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review. D6bddf10 Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review. 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review.   Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review. EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:15 pm

Thanks for the review Jim! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's C&D Oak Alley Review.
Page 1 of 1