HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

New RO Series from P&C.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

New RO Series from P&C. Empty
PostSubject: New RO Series from P&C.   New RO Series from P&C. EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:41 pm

I just saw that Pipe&Cigars are starting a new series named after Russ Ouellette. They'll be releasing the first in the series soon, called Firestorm. It's going to be a stout VaPerKy: http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/89592/ro-series-fire-storm/

Here's the description:
Iíve been blending pipe tobacco for nearly forty years, but ten years ago is when things really took off. I had made some blends for our brick & mortar store that did well, so we put them up for sale on P&C, and that was the beginning of Hearth & Home. Recently I was asked to make a new series that would let me stretch my wings, as it were, trying to think outside the box, and to use tobaccos and techniques that were different than anything I had done previously. I welcomed this challenge. The powers-that-be, here at P&C wanted me to put name on these blends, and hereís the first entry in the RO Series Ė Fire Storm.

While most of the RO Series will be small-batch, limited editions, Fire Storm will be continuously available. I took the Virginias I used in my best-known Virginia-based blend, Anniversary Kake, and amped up the Perique content. Then I added a splash of some very nice dark-fired leaf. Fire Storm starts out, as does Anniversary Kake, quite sweet, but the spice shows up shortly thereafter and builds gradually through the end, with a peppery finish. If you like bold Virginia/Perique blends, give it a try and youíll understand the reason for its name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New RO Series from P&C.   New RO Series from P&C. EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Firestorm sounds right in my wheelhouse from the description. Thanks for the heads-up Jim, and I can't wait for your review!

Cheers,

RR

New RO Series from P&C. Purple11x 2New RO Series from P&C. Bombx10New RO Series from P&C. BombNew RO Series from P&C. D6bddf10 New RO Series from P&C. 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: New RO Series from P&C.   New RO Series from P&C. EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Firestorm sounds right in my wheelhouse from the description. Thanks for the heads-up Jim, and I can't wait for your review!

Cheers,

RR

Dunno when I will get a sample. I'm not buying tobacco right now because I have so much open stuff now, and I spent my tobacco budget last summer for some time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: New RO Series from P&C.   New RO Series from P&C. EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:17 pm

But Jim, don't you know how much I count on you!?. Kidding aside, I do love your reviews but understand. I have fallen out of the market in terms of purchasing pipes and tobaccos myself recently. It's truly an odd feeling.
Side note: To the man that has a beautiful Edward G. Robinson portrait as a profile pic, I must say that I got two EGR biographies for Xmas!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: New RO Series from P&C.   New RO Series from P&C. EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 12:31 am

juanmedusa wrote:
But Jim, don't you know how much I count on you!?. Kidding aside, I do love your reviews but understand. I have fallen out of the market in terms of purchasing pipes and tobaccos myself recently. It's truly an odd feeling. †
Side note: To the man that has a beautiful Edward G. Robinson portrait as a profile pic, I must say that I got two EGR biographies for Xmas!

Thanks for the kind words, Juan. I've read a couple of EGR bios, too. He was a fascinating man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

New RO Series from P&C.
Page 1 of 1