HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Is Stormfront really the best Burley blend?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tslots

tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Is Stormfront really the best Burley blend?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:32 am

LOL! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DireWolf

DireWolf

Registration date : 2015-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Is Stormfront really the best Burley blend?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Matches likes it!

Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Is Stormfront really the best Burley blend?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:16 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Peretti's 333 Blend is good...a nice dark Burley, but smooth.

The last time I was at their Park Square store in Boston I got a big tin. Don't think about going down there right now though. The weather is, um, disagreeable. Poor saps.

Well, whatever. Flakes? Of the Wessex and Solani flakes I like the Solani, but find both very good. Exhausted Rooster is so Perque forward it's kind of on it's own as a unique item. Peretti has a Burley Flake as well, called Somerset...again quite a fine rendition. And I'm sure there are others. I'm just glad that I have some small ability to focus on the blend I have in my bowl instead f always looking to something new, something different, etc. That'll drive ya nuts for sure.

C&D Also make 4 different Burley Flakes (numbered 1-4). I liked the bowl or two of #4 I tried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Is Stormfront really the best Burley blend?   Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot the C&D B Flakes. My bad.

And if Edgeworth was still around in flake (or any) form, there'd be that. I've tried the Edgeworth Flake before, lovely stuff, but it's been years. I still have several of those big tubs of the Ready Rubbed somewhere back in the Cave of Wonders, but it's not the same beast.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Is Stormfront really the best Burley blend?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:34 pm

taharris wrote:
Sorry guys.  I am going to be the one dissenter here.  

Solani Aged Burly Flake is head and shoulders above Stormfront.

Just say'n...

Twisted Evil  

^^^ This 100% ^^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Is Stormfront really the best Burley blend?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:55 pm

"The above comments reflect my own personal opinions only. It is understood that others may not share in these opinions, and that's fine. I know that we each embrace different blends as being the best. I support that and pledge to uphold the right and privilege of each member to proclaim their opinions without backlash or derision...just as I expect that same degree of respect to be afforded me."

This should be "Intuitively obvious to the most casual observer" and/or participant on this board. It absolutely should apply to each forum/subject/topic/thread/discussion point on BoB. OK, I'm done now Suspect FTRPLT

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Is Stormfront really the best Burley blend?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:12 pm

I agree that it should be obvious, blatantly so. So at least there are two of us.  lol

And yet, I see comment after comment stating that this one is better than that one, etc. With no proviso as to it being opinion or of a "for me" status. Maybe it's the tone. Maybe it's just for ME! I tend to be preachy and a big know it all pretty often... so if I use it as MY signature line then it might just be there to soften my beating my shoe on the table, which I find to be great fun.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Is Stormfront really the best Burley blend?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2