HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tslots

tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Does anyone care to venture a guess on how many pounds of tobacco that JimInks turns to dottle every year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Yeah,.............what a waste.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:17 pm

20-22, maybe. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Jim's in a class all by himself.....

tongue

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Jim's in a class all by himself.....

tongue

Cheers,

RR

That's an understatement.

I can only aspire to being able to enjoy that much pipe tobacco each day. What a life!. Ahh, the perks of a home office. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:28 pm

tslots wrote:
Does anyone care to venture a guess on how many pounds of tobacco that JimInks turns to dottle every year?

Why ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:39 pm

monbla256 wrote:
tslots wrote:

After 7 or more years of roaming around forums I'm still wondering why anyone cares who's smoking what. scratch
Back to top Go down
Lesath

Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:47 pm

Well, he is thorough, and seems the King of Serial Tobacco Killers. He provides a public service through his reviews, which tend to be very solid. Were I to venture a guess, I'd say he does his part. Jim, I haven't had the pleasure, but thank you. I do enjoy reading your assessments of different blends, and they have provided insight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:27 am

Lesath wrote:
Well, he is thorough, and seems the King of Serial Tobacco Killers. He provides a public service through his reviews, which tend to be very solid.  Were I to venture a guess, I'd say he does his part.  Jim, I haven't had the pleasure, but thank you.  I do enjoy reading your assessments of different blends, and they have provided insight.    

Thank you for the very kind words. To answer the dottle question, I'm a fairly dry smoker, so I usually have very little to no dottle when I finish a bowl. When I do have a little, I loosen it up and try to finish it. I got that habit started back in the '70s when money was hard to come by, and I didn't want to waste tobacco. I did try smoking dottle the next day like Sherlock Holmes did in the books when I was 14, but that lasted about 15 minutes. Yuck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DGErwin11

DGErwin11

Registration date : 2012-05-20

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:17 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
20-22, maybe. Very Happy
This thread makes your answer seem excessive. I burn up 20+ lbs a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://DGEHandmadePipes.com
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:21 am

RR[/quote]

That's an understatement.

I can only aspire to being able to enjoy that much pipe tobacco each day. What a life!. Ahh, the perks of a home office. Smile [/quote]

I agree. Furthermore, I can't even begin to imagine what his pipe rack looks like. I find myself googling some of the pipes and blends he lists. And my GF says I have a problem with the number of pipes I have lol. I have also found that his reviews are very insightful and have been helpful to me, thanks Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:45 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
tslots wrote:

After 7 or more years of roaming around forums I'm still wondering why anyone cares who's smoking what. scratch

Well, for me, when I see someone who posts at least somewhat often smoking blends I like and then they add one I haven't tried and am interested in, I can ask what they think of it. I've done so more than a few times, and others have asked me for, I presume, similar reasons
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:09 pm

I consider Jim's posts and reviews more reliable than most of what's on Tobacco Reviews these days. The man is a tobacco encyclopedia!

Also, What Are You Smoking Now is a terrific source to investigate the tastes of a potential bombing target. Twisted Evil

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:37 pm

I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to be a Arse hole although I'm presumed to be anyway.
I just haven't any curiosity in what the other guy is smoking nor do I care.
I have a couple of blends I enjoy and that's all I need or matters. Just seems like a lot
of people haven't anything else to do then to post what there smoking umpteen times a day.

Now if I meet a person and he's smoking a pipe (like that would ever happen in this day an age 5) ), as a conversation starter I would ask him what he's smoking and carry on from there but, that's about it sirs. Wink
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to be a Arse hole although I'm presumed to be anyway.
I just haven't any curiosity in what the other guy is smoking nor do I care.
I have a couple of blends I enjoy and that's all I need or matters. Just seems like a lot
of people haven't anything else to do then to post what there smoking umpteen times a day.

Now if I meet a person and he's smoking a pipe (like that would ever happen in this day an age 5) ), as a conversation starter I would ask him what he's smoking and carry on from there but, that's about it sirs. Wink

Never thought that of you, Cart! I was just answering your reasonable question. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tslots

tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:52 pm

Well, regardless of Cart's disdain for others posting proclivity,  I look forward to Jim's daily smoking lineup.   He's like the heartbeat of the What are you Smoking thread.    I also enjoy his reviews on TR.

Keep it up sir ... you are an asset to the community.   Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:14 pm

tslots wrote:
Well, regardless of Cart's disdain for others posting proclivity,  I look forward to Jim's daily smoking lineup.   He's like the heartbeat of the What are you Smoking thread.    I also enjoy his reviews on TR.

Keep it up sir ... you are an asset to the community.   Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

I never said I didn't approve of it in anyway, just didn't understand why people do it.
Further more I like Jim and we've had personal conversations on several occasions.
My comment about "what a waste" was just giving Jim a hard time, whether he knew it or not. Wink
I have always looked forward to Jim's reviews and have found a few good blends that agree with me from them. Nuf said!
Back to top Go down
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
tslots wrote:

I never said I didn't approve of it in anyway, just didn't understand why people do it.
Further more I like Jim and we've had personal conversations on several occasions.
My comment about "what a waste" was just giving Jim a hard time, whether he knew it or not. Wink
I have always looked forward to Jim's reviews and have found a few good blends that agree with me from them. Nuf said!

I knew you were kidding with me. Never gave it a second thought. That's just your sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:12 pm

JimInks wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
tslots wrote:

I knew you were kidding with me. Never gave it a second thought. That's just your sense of humor.
My sense of humor.......hmm....okay!
Back to top Go down
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:29 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
JimInks wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
tslots wrote:

My sense of humor.......hmm....okay!

Well, giving a friend a hard time is a form of humor, depending upon the person, of course. We've talked enough that I didn't think you meant anything toward me. But I have to admit I've never thought about how much I smoke as long as I can smoke! However, on another forum, a friend posted a spread sheet detailing what blends and the number of times I smoked them in January. I couldn't believe anybody would do that much work (I'm too lazy), and the results surprised me. Not sure it's good form to post the link, but if Mister E says it is okay, I will do it.

I do appreciate all the kind words, smoke brothers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:02 pm

As far as I'm concerned, any link pertinent to a topic which is neither advertisement nor disparaging of us or anyone else (or their forum) is fine. Especially when it's posted by an active, regular member of BoB.

I will usually delete "come join us at x forum because BoB sucks" threads. Also, Most of us are pretty intolerant of drive by ads for whatever product from members with less than 30/30. Neither applies in this case.

Post away, Jim! Cool

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:34 pm

Thanks, Mister E! Actually, I'm kind of embarrassed to post the link because I don't want to seem like I am bragging or something. But since this thread was started as a good natured kidding of me, I might as well let you fellas know about it. I still can't believe my friend undertook the project for a month, and he's kidded me about some since. Oh well... what the hell! Very Happy

http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/so-what-does-jiminks-smoke.45177/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fumus

Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Not trying to blow smoke up any ones backside but, as someone new to pipes I do really appreciate Jim's reviews. They provide a better understanding of the blends I have tried, which in turn helps me to not only get a better picture of where my personal taste lie, but also to make more informed decisions about which blends to try next. Thank you Jim.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:36 pm

Looking at the list, Jim, I think you need more Lakelands Cool
Back to top Go down
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts    Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:59 pm

DrT999 wrote:
Looking at the list, Jim, I think you need more Lakelands Cool

I smoked most of them up. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile

So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next