HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share
 

 New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WandererOfWeirdPaths

WandererOfWeirdPaths

Age : 33
Location : Delaware
Registration date : 2015-01-26

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Tried a small half bowl the other night, after hearing about the strength and tonight packed a full bowl in my Savinelli Tortuga.

Damn. This is one rich, delicious tobacco. No ill feeling, but what a feel-good buzz. Uber relaxation.

Makes for one hell of a dessert!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Age : 73
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Now open that tin of Royal Yacht you've been afraid of and have a REAL visit with Lady 'N' !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Age : 36
Location : Meriden, Ct
Registration date : 2014-12-13

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 2:41 pm

That's why they call it the velvet hammer. Any more relaxing and it might be illegal lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DireWolf

DireWolf

Age : 46
Location : NW Oregon
Registration date : 2015-01-13

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:00 pm

Well, I just finished a small bowl of EMP, and had to sit a bit due to the nicotine.

So hats off to you on handling the Nightcap so well.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Age : 73
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:23 pm

You wimps!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Nightcap's nicotine is nowhere near the FANTASTIC visit Lady 'N' gives with Royal Yacht !! Now go visit Lady 'N' and enjoy what Georges Simenon smoked 10 to 15 bowls a DAY of !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Age : 46
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:35 pm

DireWolf wrote:
Well, I just finished a small bowl of EMP, and had to sit a bit due to the nicotine.

So hats off to you on handling the Nightcap so well.

Laughing

Glad someone else has noticed the unexpected nicotine punch in EMP. "Early Morning" might be an appropriate name for it if I smoked 2 packs a day and was in need of some Lady N to get me feeling right. Like a complete noob, the first I smoked EMP was on an empty stomach with a tall black coffee. Blech.. No Ha, ha..

The Dunhill Latakia's aren't for me. I haven't found one that I particularly care for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DireWolf

DireWolf

Age : 46
Location : NW Oregon
Registration date : 2015-01-13

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:43 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:

Glad someone else has noticed the unexpected nicotine punch in EMP. "Early Morning" might be an appropriate name for it if I smoked 2 packs a day. Ha, ha..

The Dunhill Latakia's aren't for me. I haven't found one that I particularly care for.

I'm not sure what it is, but even as an ex-smoker, I seem to notice it pretty quick. Been about a year since I was sucking down Bali Shag rollies with zeal, and now it's a bit touchy.

That said, I am off today, and had two Frog Morton's, a tall bowl of OGS, a third FM, and then a box of stuff came from Smoking Pipes.

Maybe it was cumulative.

Laughing

I'll pass on the Nightcap for a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Age : 46
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:57 pm

I have been smoking various Latakia mixtures for quite some time now, and every now and then one will pop up and surprise me with a bit of a kick. The Dunhill mixtures in my opinion, seem to be laced with a bit more nicotine than average. I experienced the same kick in London Mixture, My Mixture 965 and Nightcap.

Before children, I used to be able to enjoy pipe smoking a lot more and more powerful tobaccco had way less of an effect on me. But now that I am back down to 5-7 bowls a week I have been finding much more enjoyment in milder, mellower but still flavorful tobacco mixtures. I find that McClelland blends are a perfect happy medium.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DireWolf

DireWolf

Age : 46
Location : NW Oregon
Registration date : 2015-01-13

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 7:02 pm

The other thing that came was some Epiphany, and while eating a sammich, I read some (including yours) reviews.

Maybe I'll try that next.

Sorry for the hijack. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Age : 46
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 9:42 pm

DireWolf wrote:
The other thing that came was some Epiphany, and while eating a sammich, I read some (including yours) reviews.

Be interested in your thoughts on that one. My opinion has changed a bit.

DireWolf wrote:
Sorry for the hijack.  Smile

Likewise. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WandererOfWeirdPaths

WandererOfWeirdPaths

Age : 33
Location : Delaware
Registration date : 2015-01-26

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:56 am

EMP worth checking out?

Speaking of strong tobaccos I smoked a bowl of Peterson Irish Flake yesterday. At first I didn't think it was strong, but halfway through or so it hit me with a real buzz. Nightcap tends to hit me much quicker, while the Peterson hit me later. I really liked the Peterson, for a strong tobacco I felt like the flavor wasn't too intense, but really sweet and pleasant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Age : 72
Location : Split between Raleigh, NC and OKC, OK
Registration date : 2007-12-15

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Quite the interesting thread!! Being a big DH smoker in years past, I just don't remember the "nic" hit being all that heavy. I'm sitting on a bunch of tins (Murray's mostly, a few Orlik) of SMed & Mild, Durbar, EMP, NCap, EMix, London Mix., and Light Flake. Guess I'm gonna' be forced to pop a few of these and check'em out!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Age : 73
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:53 pm

ftrplt wrote:
Quite the interesting thread!! Being a big DH smoker in years past, I just don't remember the "nic" hit being all that heavy. I'm sitting on a bunch of tins (Murray's mostly, a few Orlik) of SMed & Mild, Durbar, EMP, NCap, EMix, London  Mix., and Light Flake. Guess I'm gonna' be forced to pop a few of these and check'em out!! cheers FTRPLT

Those ALL ought to be some nice mellow full smokes with the amount of age they have on them considering Murray's stopped blending in 2005 !! Twisted Evil Last year I found two tins of London Mixture and 965 that I had bought when a B&M closed up here back in '85 and they were put in a box and left there till I found 'em in '13 !! They were still the blends that were described on the tins only far, far mellower and not as much Lady 'N' as when they were "fresh" as i used to smoke 'em !! Enjoy that aged Dunhill 'baccy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Age : 72
Location : Split between Raleigh, NC and OKC, OK
Registration date : 2007-12-15

New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap   New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:42 pm

monbla256 wrote:
ftrplt wrote:
Quite the interesting thread!! Being a big DH smoker in years past, I just don't remember the "nic" hit being all that heavy. I'm sitting on a bunch of tins (Murray's mostly, a few Orlik) of SMed & Mild, Durbar, EMP, NCap, EMix, London  Mix., and Light Flake. Guess I'm gonna' be forced to pop a few of these and check'em out!! cheers FTRPLT

Those ALL ought to be some nice mellow full smokes with the amount of age they have on them considering Murray's stopped blending in 2005 !! Twisted Evil  Last year I found two tins of London Mixture and 965 that I had bought when a B&M closed up here back in '85 and they were put in a box and left there till I found 'em in '13 !! They were still the blends that were described on the tins only far, far mellower and not as much Lady 'N' as when they were "fresh" as i used to smoke 'em !! Enjoy that aged Dunhill 'baccy  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Yep, they be some old tins!! I just kinda' quit smoking DH years ago; but continued to pick up the "old" stuff where I could. A pipe club member cleaned out his inventory (needed the cash) a few years ago. I grabbed several tins of old Eliz. Mix, SMed, Durbar, LM, EMP, and NC to add to my stash. Most of mine I picked up at JR's (all three in NC) in the 90's and early 2000's. Just put'em on the back shelf and wandered away from them!!! Wish I had collected BS 759 so diligently!!!!! cheers FTRPLT

Apologies for digressing from the subject 5) FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
New Piper Tries Dunhill Nightcap
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: