HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Strike this off my bucket list as complete!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:36 pm

Or Nearly so.......

So, on March 26th, I will be able to cross off my "bucket list" an item which I truly thought would never be attainable.

I will be seeing Willie Nelson in concert! Not only will I get to see Willie Nelson, but Merle Haggard will be joining him. Two of my favorite Country &Western legends together in a small venue (a dance hall /saloon). Willie no longer tours, but only does rare appearances in local small establishments whenever the mood strikes him. I do not believe Merle Haggard tours either. To catch them both on the same night is pure luck. I had to pay handsomely for the tickets, but they are worth it. This is my wife's and my anniversary gift to ourselves. Maybe I will get to shake hands with the legends. Who knows?

I will be representing the brotherhood with a pipe in one hand and a whiskey in the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Congrats brother!! Those are two of my favorite singers. You are indeed a luck man, enjoy.

Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Fantastic! Willie I can take or leave, but I would give a lot for a chance to see Merle Haggard. Have a great time JP and keep in mind we will be expecting pictures Very Happy
Mike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Congratulations and enjoy. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:09 pm

That's a terrific opportunity to see two of the old guard on stage at the same time JP. Should be a great time!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:31 pm

Excellent. Both are great performers even to this day.

I saw Willie several years back, maybe 2008 or so and despite playing on a cold night with a bit of a nasty wind chill factor, he peeled off a very nice performance. I caught Merle a couple years ago after he had some sort of major surgery (lungs, I believe) and he sounded perfect. I think you're in for a treat and probably even a contact-high. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Your very Lucky sir, I was lucky enough to see Merle back in the 80's but, never Willie.
Enjoy my friend, it'll be well worth it. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Fantastic! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:28 am

Congrats on the wild party....anniversary. Enjoy your time together!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dottleman

Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:50 pm

That's outstanding my friend! Happy anniversary to you both and enjoy the show!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Strike this off my bucket list as complete!   Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:49 am

I must say I'm pretty jealous. There aren't many acts left on my list to see live, but Willie would be one. He was my grandmother's favorite artists. I spent many hours listening to him as she played his records on her old console stereo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Strike this off my bucket list as complete!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1