HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Bingo, Mate!

Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 D6bddf10Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 29400910 Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 114e6110Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 Ddb39b10 Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 Cf77ce10Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
So...I bear they're calling it "Gawith, Gawith & Hogwarts".

I like it.

In BOB shorthand I will have to type SG;GH&Co. which almost defeats the purpose of abbreviating!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:24 pm

GGH

Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 D6bddf10Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 29400910 Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 114e6110Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 Ddb39b10 Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 Cf77ce10Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 5:08 pm

Or - GG pig Warts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Nice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 6:49 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Or - GG pig Warts

Most excellent, Dude!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Found it! Opened a box with 30 tins of Bracken Flake in it and it smells like Bracken Flake. Those tins seep just a little bit. sunny

Carlos wrote:
Idea

That's right.............now where did I stash all that Bracken Flake.........................hmmmm...............................................................

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 9:32 pm

If both brands stay true to their art, I have no problem with this. In today's tight market and competition, it may even allow both to stay in business longer?

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 9:36 pm

30 Tins of Braken!?!  Now that's gotta be more potent than all the stalls in this ol' stable put together! Super barnyard!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
30 Tins of Braken!?!  Now that's gotta be more potent than all the stalls in this ol' stable put together! Super barnyard!

I'd like to see a picture of it. Not that I don't believe it, I'd just really like to see a picture of it.

What happended to Bracken Flake? Discontinued?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 12:48 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:

I'd like to see a picture of it. Not that I don't believe it, I'd just really like to see a picture of it.

Carlos bought it all Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 1:14 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:

Carlos' cellar runneth deep!

Between the Bracken and 1792 you can be guaranteed both privacy and peace for as long as your supply holds. One of the only tobaccos by wife declared intolerable and expressly forbade within her house was 1792. Embarassed

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 5:36 am

Does anyone happen to know what the oldest G&H blends are? I know it's heavily advertised that Grousemoor, 1792 and commonwealth are bicentenarian but what about G&H?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 am

Check with Puros Bran. He was likely there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

LOL. Brilliant, just brilliant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottbtdmb

scottbtdmb

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:03 pm

I wanted to post an interesting tidbit that I learned today from talking with Steve Fallon (the pipestud). I noticed that he had some Gawith & Hoggarth Louisiana Flake on his site for sale and in the description he wrote that the blend was no longer being produced. This was news to me, so I emailed him to inquire further.

Basically, a reliable source told Steve that Gawith & Hoggarth will soon be discontinuing some of their blends due to the factory merger with Samuel Gawith. There will simply not be enough room to produce the blends, so some will be discontinued. Oddly enough, Louisiana Flake is being discontinued because Gawith & Hoggarth can no longer find a source of perique that they deem high enough quality for the blend.

This is certainly startling news indeed! I'm not trying to cause mass panic here, but simply wanted to relay this news. Hopefully, Gawith & Hoggarth will release a statement at some point, listing the specific tobaccos that they will be discontinuing. Until then, it appears that all of their blends (including Louisiana Flake) are still readily available on most online sites.

Finally, while Steve didn't mention Samuel Gawith, one can only wonder if they will follow suit and also cut some blends from their production line. I can't help but wonder if they will cut St. James Flake from their line, since it also contains perique. Perhaps they are satisfied with the quality of perique they are using unlike Gawith & Hoggarth, but one wonders....

-Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:38 pm

Goddamn it just when I was starting to like samuel gawith. Louisiana Flake is one of my absolute favorites
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:28 pm

scottbtdmb wrote:
I wanted to post an interesting tidbit that I learned today from talking with Steve Fallon (the pipestud).  I noticed that he had some Gawith & Hoggarth Louisiana Flake on his site for sale and in the description he wrote that the blend was no longer being produced.  This was news to me, so I emailed him to inquire further.

Basically, a reliable source told Steve that Gawith & Hoggarth will soon be discontinuing some of their blends due to the factory merger with Samuel Gawith.  There will simply not be enough room to produce the blends, so some will be discontinued.  Oddly enough, Louisiana Flake is being discontinued because Gawith & Hoggarth can no longer find a source of perique that they deem high enough quality for the blend.

This is certainly startling news indeed!  I'm not trying to cause mass panic here, but simply wanted to relay this news.  Hopefully, Gawith & Hoggarth will release a statement at some point, listing the specific tobaccos that they will be discontinuing.  Until then, it appears that all of their blends (including Louisiana Flake) are still readily available on most online sites.  

Finally, while Steve didn't mention Samuel Gawith, one can only wonder if they will follow suit and also cut some blends from their production line.  I can't help but wonder if they will cut St. James Flake from their line, since it also contains perique.  Perhaps they are satisfied with the quality of perique they are using unlike Gawith & Hoggarth, but one wonders....

-Scott

This just proves the old adage " the only constant in the world is CHANGE" Twisted Evil And we ALL want consistancy in our lives, right ?? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!   Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:32 pm

I kinda forgot about this thread. I will try to remember to take a pick of what I have left in Bracken Flake.

How that came about was, again sort of a rumor that Bracken Flake was tough to get etc etc. So I called one of our favorite suppliers and asked for the poop. The whole poop and nothing but the poop. She told me that the distributor wasn't bringing it in any more. That can change at a moments whim. So I asked her to let me know what kind of inventory they could scrape up and I would see about buying what I can. She called me back, "30 tins". Sold I says.

I will say this. Things change. We all know that. Get it while you can. But there is always something new coming out.

I sure hope in this merger they fired the guy at Samuel Gawith that was cutting up the rope into the blends. I am a little sick of smoking that hemp or whatever it is they use. More sick of trying to pick it out of my tobacco. At first I thought it was hairs. But it's a reddish brown. I thought, did someone toss a fox skin in the 'baccy? But I have since gotten some nice tuffs of the stuff, and it's a rope.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Samuel Gawith/Gawith Hoggarth Merge!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2