HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Growley's in the house!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
desertpiper

desertpiper

Registration date : 2012-03-20

Growley's in the house! Empty
PostSubject: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Sorry for the pic quality, but here are two my two Growley's. The small one (Winter Gruffman) was my Christmas present from my wife. It's perfect for a one hour to 1 1/2 hour smoke. The second is from me to me for surviving another tax year. It's his fancy tomato I am currently breaking that one in. The more I look at it and hold it the more I'm impressed with it. There both great smokers, Brian did a great job.

Growley's in the house! 20150310

Growley's in the house! Dsc09510
Back to top Go down
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 12:27 pm

Nice! That Rhodesian is one of his specialties! Both very nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonespipes.com
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:

Thanks!
But it's a squat tomato, not a rodesian. It has a different shank and the bowl is wrong for a rodesian.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 1:05 pm

desertpiper wrote:
Ocelot55 wrote:

Thanks!
But it's a squat tomato, not a rodesian. It has a different shank and the bowl is wrong for a rodesian.

I think Ocelot is refering to the Shell finished one with the bulldog shaped bowl and the round shank which are usually refered to as a Rhodesian!! Twisted Evil They BOTH are BEAUTIFUL and I LOOOOVE how my blasted Pot he made me looks AND SMOKES !! It's one of the BEST pipes I own ! Brian is a MASTER pipe maker who's not recognized as much here as he should be !! JMHO Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Drool worthy.
Back to top Go down
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 1:15 pm

monbla256 wrote:
desertpiper wrote:
Ocelot55 wrote:

Thanks!

I think Ocelot is refering to the Shell finished one with the bulldog shaped bowl and the round shank which are usually refered to as a Rhodesian!! Twisted Evil  They BOTH are BEAUTIFUL and I LOOOOVE how my blasted Pot he made me looks AND SMOKES !! It's one of the BEST pipes I own ! Brian is a MASTER pipe maker who's not recognized as much here as he should be !! JMHO Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Oh crap! I didn't even think of that! I was so use to calling it the Gruffman, lol. My apologizes to Mr Ocelot!
He should be more recognized for his work, it's outstanding. But the selfish part of me wants him to stay under the radar. I can certainly see myself ordering more of his pipes. And I don't want to have to get in line. lol
Back to top Go down
DireWolf

DireWolf

Registration date : 2015-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 1:22 pm

*whistle*

Those are both beautiful.
Back to top Go down
joshoowah

joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 1:28 pm

I own one of Growley's Rhodesians myself. Love it.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Good stuff! I too am proud to own several fine examples of Brian's handiwork.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Growley's in the house! Purple11x 2Growley's in the house! Bombx10  Growley's in the house! Bombx7Growley's in the house! D6bddf10 Growley's in the house! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Good stuff! I too am proud to own several fine examples of Brian's handiwork.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

One of these days I hope to be able to own several of his pipes. For now I have to settle for two. This time around I had to get my wife a nice massage package before she noticed how much I paid for this pipe.
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 6:36 pm

joshoowah wrote:
I own one of Growley's Rhodesians myself. Love it.

... me too. A stunning pipe. Congrats on yours old chap.
Back to top Go down
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 11:47 pm

Those are beauties. I'm a proud owner of one of Brian's rhodies. He makes a great pipe.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 11:49 pm

Couple of beauty's there.

One day I will own one of his pipes. Hopefully sooner than later. Razz
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 8:57 am

I love his Rhodesian shape interpretations!
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am

I too really like his little Rhodesian's, you won't be sorry cause they smoke like
a dream right from the start. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:59 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
I too really like his little Rhodesian's, you won't be sorry cause they smoke like
a dream right from the start. Wink  

I've been enjoying The Gruffman (Rodie) for a while now. It smokes great, it's light and it great for those short smokes, mine usually last one to 1 1/2 hours. Which is perfect for me.
Glad you folks likem.
Back to top Go down
Dottleman

Dottleman

Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:59 pm

They are spectacular! And congratulations on surviving another tax year. Maybe that'll evolve into a BoB tradition - Tax refund pipes!

"Really honey, I don't have a choice. We HAVE to buy pipes to commemorate completing our civil obligation! It's a tradition!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:21 pm

Dottleman wrote:
They are spectacular! And congratulations on surviving another tax year. Maybe that'll evolve into a BoB tradition - Tax refund pipes!

"Really honey, I don't have a choice. We HAVE to buy pipes to commemorate completing our civil obligation! It's a tradition!" Laughing  

That sounds like a plan, I'll have to remember that next year.
Back to top Go down
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Couple of beauty's there.

One day I will own one of his pipes. Hopefully sooner than later.  Razz

Last year some time before Christmas he offered some of his pipes at $100 off! That's what got me hooked! Maybe he'll do it again. He posted them in the town crier section.
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:41 pm

I really need one of Brian's pipes in my collection, but when it comes to quality pipes one usually leads to two, so I guess I really need two.

I really like the Gruffman as well! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
desertpiper

desertpiper

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 9:42 am

Dutch wrote:
I really need one of Brian's pipes in my collection, but when it comes to quality pipes one usually leads to two, so I guess I really need two.

I really like the Gruffman as well! cheers cheers cheers

That's why I have two, which of course will lead to three in time ans so on and so on.....
Back to top Go down
pipetrepid

pipetrepid

Registration date : 2015-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Growley's in the house!   Growley's in the house! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:04 pm

quite handsome pipes! enjoy them, bill
Back to top Go down

Growley's in the house!
Page 1 of 1