HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky   OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:24 pm

The two or so bowls of Pegasus I've had fresh have been Burley forward, unoticable amount of BC, and enough VA sweetness to make it not too earthy/harsh to enjoy (for my palate). Maybe I'll fire up a bowl tomorrow morning!

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
DireWolf wrote:
Isn't that what is used for the dark fired Ky?

(Thanks for the offer, but I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment - I still have a massive order inbound with the 20% HH sale)

Yes. Dark Fired Kentucky is burley, smoke cured obviously. I do enjoy it, exceptions aside, mostly as a condiment.

I am trying to find my stride with good ol' regular burley, which often tastes bitter to me.

Yes to this. DFK is Burley based, but the curing makes a HUGE difference. Some people like latakia but not other orientals, and it can be the same way with air-cured vs. fire-cured burley.

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
DireWolf wrote:
I was hoping for a hot pressed lat bomb or something.

Pirate Kake, I'll send you a chunk if you're interested.

I don't think that's HOT pressed, since I don't believe C&D own the machinery to hot-press stuff. I'm not sure anyone on this continent does. The heat during the pressing is part of what gives FVF, BBF, and ODF a distinct aspect of their flavor. I happen to love what a hot press does for a blend. The hot press is another distinct part of the process (like curing) which can take the same leaf and make it into something that tastes different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1

PostSubject: Re: OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky   OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 5:45 am

I'm not sure I will want to try this one.

I'm quite happy with ODF and Latakia Flake and also have a little stash of Irish Flake at hand.

Besides these, I have some C & D Burley Flakes # 1, 2 & 3; GL Pease Cumberland.

Back to top Go down
WandererOfWeirdPaths

WandererOfWeirdPaths

Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: Re: OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky   OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Smoking a bowl of it now. Smooth and delicious, really strong. I have quite a buzz going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky   OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 9:11 pm

I ordered a tin this morning. Looking forward to trying it!

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile

OH MY GOD! HH Bold Kentucky
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2