HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 AVATARS?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:42 pm

Why can I see most none photo avatars and not others, this is the real question? scratch
On my desktop that is.

UPDATE: Did a virus scan and it came up clean. It seems this is the ONLY site I'm having a problem with. I can't see my avatar again because I uploaded a new one from my PC on my laptop but, I can still see Jim's avatar which he got from this site.
Carlos, Mark, Jim and I had a problem yesterday posting, got a message that you were doing Maintenance and when we reposted it double posted. I was able to delete the double posts in time.Any help here would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Carlos
Admin
avatar

Age : 60
Location : Chestnut, IL
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:27 pm

Curious. Forumotion may have been doing some work, but not us. I don't see any problems. I see all the avatars, no problem.

I was wondering if you might have tried to change the Theme, but it does not look as if you can. The ad blocker is a good idea. But I also use one and have no trouble.

Clearing the cache may solve it. Or perhaps there is some item in the maintenance that will sort itself out given a bit of time.

_________________


"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:39 pm

Carlos wrote:
Curious.  Forumotion may have been doing some work, but not us.  I don't see any problems.  I see all the avatars, no problem.  

I was wondering if you might have tried to change the Theme, but it does not look as if you can.  The ad blocker is a good idea.  But I also use one and have no trouble.  

Clearing the cache may solve it.  Or perhaps there is some item in the maintenance that will sort itself out given a bit of time.

Clearing the Cache did nothing, we'll wait and see what happens tomorrow.
Oh! and some of the Emoticons are missing also and keep changing places. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Carlos
Admin
avatar

Age : 60
Location : Chestnut, IL
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:02 am

I am not having any difficulties at all. I run the latest Firefox. I still think it must be a browser issue with Forumotion. Not the first time this has happened. They will fix it given time, if people are complaining. But there is no settings I can change to fix it.

_________________


"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin
avatar

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:43 am

I don't know if it's related to your problem but I've been having major problems with Photobucket and am using another image hosting site now.

_________________
.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:57 am

mark wrote:
I don't know if it's related to your problem but I've been having major problems with Photobucket and am using another image hosting site now.

I don't think it them, I just opened IE and I can see all the avatars, so it only on Firefox on this PC cause on my laptop I run Firefox and it's okay. Gotta be something screwed up with my Firefox browser only on my desktop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Carlos
Admin
avatar

Age : 60
Location : Chestnut, IL
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:07 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
mark wrote:
I don't know if it's related to your problem but I've been having major problems with Photobucket and am using another image hosting site now.

I don't think it them, I just opened IE and I can see all the avatars, so it only on Firefox on this PC cause on my laptop I run Firefox and it's okay. Gotta be something screwed up with my Firefox browser only on my desktop.

Firefox has updated once or twice this past week. Maybe something broke in your update.

_________________


"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: AVATAR FINAL UPDATE   Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Carlos wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
mark wrote:
I don't know if it's related to your problem but I've been having major problems with Photobucket and am using another image hosting site now.

I don't think it them, I just opened IE and I can see all the avatars, so it only on Firefox on this PC cause on my laptop I run Firefox and it's okay. Gotta be something screwed up with my Firefox browser only on my desktop.

Firefox has updated once or twice this past week.  Maybe something broke in your update.

I'm getting real frustrated here, I just reinstalled firefox and nothing has changed.

UPDATE: Just refreshed my install of Firefox which deleted all my add-ons and now it's back to normal again. Gees! What a pain it's been, think I'll go have a real large bowl now. 5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
huffelpuff

avatar

Age : 47
Location : Laramie, WY
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Gotta love tech!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:17 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Gotta love tech!

Ya know Jim, I went to school for this and got a CET cert and was even a bench tech for a time but, that was over 15 years ago. I hated software then and still hate it today, good to see nothing has changed. 5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Good to hear you got it fixed Ron.


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:47 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Good to hear you got it fixed Ron.


Cheers,

RR
Thank you BD, ya just don't know how relived I am to have it working right again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
RobJ

avatar

Location : Mukilteo, Washington USA
Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:10 pm

Glad you got it resolved Ron.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:28 pm

RobJ wrote:
Glad you got it resolved Ron.

Thank you Rob,.......so am I
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:37 am

Hey Ron. I really felt for you going through this. Tech is great when it works as it should, after all it's how we keep in touch on the BoB. But boy is it a pain when it goes pear shaped. Glad you're back with us old chap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:21 am

Thank you Stick
Have I ever told you I hate software? 5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Wait... The only issue was he wasn't seeing Avatars and yall are acting like he overcame great adversity???? WTF? LMAO!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:12 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Wait... The only issue was he wasn't seeing Avatars and yall are acting like he overcame great adversity????    WTF?   LMAO!!!

Acting like? He did overcome great adversity! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:07 pm

Now then chaps. I've been where Ron was. It was lighting the blue touch paper. Perhaps the most infuriating thing for a non techy fella like myself. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: AVATARS?   Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:33 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Wait... The only issue was he wasn't seeing Avatars and yall are acting like he overcame great adversity????    WTF?   LMAO!!!

PB, I'm no guru when it comes to software, I'm a hardware man.
Hell, when I can go a whole day without tripping or falling down I've felt as if I've over come great adversity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
 
AVATARS?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» IMGFAST.NET.. a new Forumotion host for avatars?
» Avatars
» Your Profile - Avatar
» Your Profile, Avatar & Signature
» How to set max size allowed for user avatars?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: