HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Last Two Weekends!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: The Last Two Weekends!!!   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:02 pm

Even' All, The last two weekends have been a whirlwind of activity and emotions! Last weekend we had a "meet the parents day"!, Mary and I, Mary's ex, and the groums parents! Boy was I keeping my mouth shut!, with the exception of the groum's mommy, she's this uber- Catholic, and you should have seen her face when I told her I left the Church many years ago, and became a "citizen of the world" [Bogart], well I got out of there without punching anyone, and promising the groum I would have a talk Very Happy with him! Evil or Very Mad
This weekend was quite different, the Town of Norwood where Mary grew up was honoring her Uncle Colonel George T. Lee, a WW11 war hero, who flew 258 sortis in North Africa, Italy, and Germany .A highly decorated, by 3 countries Army Air Force hero! He was the youngest [25] Colonel in the war and died later in '54 , going to a duty station in Montana in a early jet, the plane was hit by lighting! Sad He was also envolved in the Berlin Air-Lift!
It was a beautiful thing to watch an extended family come to-gether , The Lee/ Donovan families, the town of Norwood took 5 years putting to-gether, a really professional movie about Mary's Uncle George, and ALL of both families welcomed me into their hearts, something I have never had until meeting Mary, Thanx George, Ken. tongue
Pacem en Puffing! tongue From The Northeast Kingdom! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The Last Two Weekends!!!   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:28 pm

We get a chance to live two lives in one lifetime....Bill said it was a program for
people that wanted a new way of life. Smile

Winslow sunny ..........4/12/93
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: The Last Two Weekends!!!   Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:08 am

That is a nice story Ken. Sounds like a memorable time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

The Last Two Weekends!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: