Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

Latest adventure Empty
PostSubject: Latest adventure   Latest adventure EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Hey chaps and chapettes,

Thought I'd share a few pics of my latest adventure taking a group into the mountains of Snowdonia here in Blighty.

Latest adventure 20150312
Caught contemplating the day's events.

Latest adventure 20150313
The overnight stop

Latest adventure 20150314
Managed to catch the solar eclipse on the side of a mountain by making a makeshift projector using my pipe tool as a punch.

Latest adventure 20150315
Last climb to the summit.

Apologies, for the life of me I can't work out how to rotate the images for the forum. I've rotated and saved prior to inserting and it hasn't made the slightest difference...

Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Latest adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest adventure   Latest adventure EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Looks a treat lad! Bit of a scramble though what? And that lake begs to be fished doesn't it!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Latest adventure Purple11x 2Latest adventure Bombx10  Latest adventure Bombx7Latest adventure D6bddf10 Latest adventure 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

Latest adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest adventure   Latest adventure EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Looks just beautiful there sir, I know all involved had a good time. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Fumus

Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

Latest adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest adventure   Latest adventure EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 7:19 pm

"And that lake begs to be fished doesn't it!"

I was thinking the same thing BD Very Happy

Good looking country Stick. Would like to wander there a bit and give it a proper looking over. afro
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

Latest adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest adventure   Latest adventure EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:45 pm

Great pics! Looks like quite the adventure.
Back to top Go down
GatorNavy

GatorNavy

Registration date : 2015-03-21

Latest adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest adventure   Latest adventure EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 10:02 pm

That looks like a wonderful place for an adventure - and a pipe. Thanks for sharing the pics!
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

Latest adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest adventure   Latest adventure EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 4:42 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Looks a treat lad! Bit of a scramble though what? And that lake begs to be fished doesn't it!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Nothing serious in the way of scrambling Rande, but enough to make you take your hands out of your pockets to add interest.

You know, I've fished that lake a couple of times with the fly and have studied it several times more for signs of fish. Nothing. No rises. Not a thing. It's in a high remote place, there's no visible stream into it and the outflow is through a moraine so you can't see it and can only just hear it. I therefore reckon it's one of those oddities where there is no trout. Shame really, as it's a cracking place to make shapes with a fly line.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Latest adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest adventure   Latest adventure EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Stick wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Nothing serious in the way of scrambling Rande, but enough to make you take your hands out of your pockets to add interest.

You know, I've fished that lake a couple of times with the fly and have studied it several times more for signs of fish.  Nothing.  No rises.  Not a thing. It's in a high remote place, there's no visible stream into it and the outflow is through a moraine so you can't see it and can only just hear it.  I therefore reckon it's one of those oddities where there is no trout.  Shame really, as it's a cracking place to make shapes with a fly line.

Pity that, mate. Someone should petition the local authorities to stock it. Might encourage more folks to make the journey. Nowt like a fresh caught trout in the frying pan to cap off the day!

tongue

Cheers,

RR

Latest adventure Purple11x 2Latest adventure Bombx10  Latest adventure Bombx7Latest adventure D6bddf10 Latest adventure 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Dottleman

Dottleman

Registration date : 2011-08-07

Latest adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest adventure   Latest adventure EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Great pics Stick and a special commendation for "McGuyvering" a projector to view the eclipse. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
pipetrepid

pipetrepid

Registration date : 2015-06-23

Latest adventure Empty
PostSubject: beauty   Latest adventure EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:17 pm

beautiful area! wonderful country, bill
Back to top Go down

Latest adventure
Page 1 of 1