HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Tobaccos and proper pairing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Tobaccos and proper pairing Empty
PostSubject: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:48 pm

So, I got bombed with some H&H Louisiana Red. I have to say it took me some getting used to. Not sure if I am not mature enough to appreciate it. The red VA is a little tangy to my pallet..

Tonight though, I made saute'ed rabbit with vegetable rottelli, butter, tarragon, garlic and parmesan cheese. Water as usual for my beverage... Then I loaded a bowl of the Red and headed outside to view the stars and enjoy a rather pleasant evening.

This weed is awesome!!

It is so sweet, like it was never sweet before. I guess it pays to have the proper pairing? Like wine and cheeses?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 10:21 pm

The tangy sweetness of Red Va's has got to be the VERY BEST IMHO!! Twisted Evil No need for any ARO's with these !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Talk about Ozark Gourmet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Yah, well, I like good food. I raise the rabbits and make the pasta...

I figure, why eat junk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 10:42 pm

monbla256 wrote:
The tangy sweetness of Red Va's has got to be the VERY BEST IMHO!! Twisted Evil  No need for any ARO's with these !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

No kidding, my aros are getting stale now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tslots

tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:37 pm

This thread is like deja vu all over again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:37 pm

H&H Louisiana Red is one of my favorites. Took a few bowls to get it but boy howdy when I did.........WOW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:28 am

That's one I have been meaning to try. Nicely priced too.

Virginia Spice has been my go to of the Hearth & Home mixtures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:19 am

Hard to beat good Red Ginnyweed!!!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
The tangy sweetness of Red Va's has got to be the VERY BEST IMHO!! Twisted Evil  No need for any ARO's with these !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Now, get thee in some bulk McC 5100 Wiz. It's quite the treat where sweet & tangy red 'ginnys are concerned. You're welcome!

Wink

Cheers,

RR

Tobaccos and proper pairing Purple11x 2Tobaccos and proper pairing Bombx10Tobaccos and proper pairing BombTobaccos and proper pairing D6bddf10 Tobaccos and proper pairing 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Now, get thee in some bulk McC 5100 Wiz. It's quite the treat where sweet & tangy red 'ginnys are concerned. You're welcome!

Wink

Cheers,

RR

I will do that with my next monthly TAD order. It is, after all, my birthday month, and a nice new Ginny treat should be in order, yes? Can't just buy only leaf and do all the blending work, eh? Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 7:44 pm

I doubt you'll be disappointed with that Red Cake, OW. Wise words from Brew Dude again. The truth he speaks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dottleman

Dottleman

Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Sounds like a perfect post-prandial pipe my friend! Kudos and it definitely gives me some food for thought (pun intended, of course). But it does beg the question, what to smoke after a bologna sammich? Perhaps Borkum Riff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Tobaccos and proper pairing   Tobaccos and proper pairing EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:12 pm

OW, you've inspiried me. Haven't had rabbit in 16 years, time to track down some soon.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tobaccos and proper pairing
Page 1 of 1