HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?   Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:22 am

Checking with Council and Admin re opening a snuff specific thread here like a mini Trading Post.

Would it be something you would use? Do you see benefits? Issues?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?   Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:31 am

I think it's a good idea. Keep snuffers' eyes on the snuff. My input follows.

Snuff for snuff. Snuff for cash. Cash for snuff. These are obvious. I'd like to be able to offer pipe tobacco for snuff in the future so I'd like to see pipe tobacco for snuff (or vice versa) allowed. So long as snuff and related accessories are on one end of the trade.
Put a sticky on the general Trading Post directing Snuff posts and seekers to the Snuff Trading Post.
Establish rules for posting in General Trading Post for Snuff. I wouldn't want to see all the posts in the Snuff section duplicated in the General section. I think it would be poor form to clutter the General section if there is a new dedicated section. Perhaps allow a general section post only after a certain amount of time on the snuff section if you want a compromise solution.
Just my initial thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?   Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:30 am

I don't think a dedicated section is needed. We can use the existing sub forum. Cigars, tablets computers, and the like have been sold in our existing sub forum.

Let's keep it simple.

Last edited by gravel on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?   Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:32 am

juanmedusa...

Currently any kind of trade offer is allowed, just only via the Trading Post.

Rules for posting in Trading Post where snuff might be involved are and would be the same as for anything else, and already (obviously) exist. 

I would think double posting in both TP's would not really be a problem. Post in the regular TP if you want a broader audience...post here in the Snuff Section TP if you want a smaller, more specific audience, post in both if you want blanket coverage.

I would want members right to post in the TP uninhibited.

Gravel...

OK, thanks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:44 pm

Perhaps a third option is to segregate the current TP:

Pipe tobacco, pipes, accessories
Snuff, Snus, accessories
Cigars and accessories
Non-tobacco items

Whatever way works and is easiest to use/maintain is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?   Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:33 pm

I was putting really specific scenarios out there because I was thinking about it as a segregation kind of like tslots just mentioned. If you were going to segregate certain business from the existing Trading Post you'd have to define it to some degree. That's how it struck me at first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?   Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Yeah, I understand. I don't want to make any changes to the existing TP at all. It works, everybody is used to it, it ain't broke.

I was just wanting to add a special section over here that was purely snuff oriented. 

One thing it does for me...if it's just one thread with added posts being new trade/sale offers...then once I post there I get an email every time someone posts...you know, following the thread kinda thing. If we kept the chatter to a minimum then that wouldn't pester us much and we'd always know when a new offer, etc. was made. In that way it would be a good service to dedicated snuff users.

And I wasn't really thinking of advertising it widely. More of a thing for regular snuff posters. Of course, anyone could use it...but if they didn't look around the snuff section it would be a kind of underground thing. lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?   Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:27 pm

Okay. We're giving it a try. Post further questions, comments here please. The other thread is for items only. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?   Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:47 pm

I look forward to seeing it in action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Would you use a dedicated Trading Post type thread here?
Page 1 of 1