HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

If you could smoke only one blend....

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lysander

Lysander

Registration date : 2014-11-15

If you could smoke only one blend.... Empty
PostSubject: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 4:12 pm

What would it be? I'll be visiting the retail outlet of Smokingpipes.com next week and plan to stock up on a variety. I'd really appreciate hearing from some of you veterans. I'll use your answers to help compile my shopping list. Please answer only with the name of blends that are readily available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Three that I have enjoyed and smoke for well over 30+ years now are :

* McC's Fragrant Mature 2000 , my favorite straight Red Va
* Dunhill's Royal Yacht , gives one a healthy dose of Lady"n'
* Presbyterian, probably one of the smoothest ALL DAY Balkans you can smoke with just the right balance of Latakia/Orientals/Virginias !
You might find one or all of these to your liking. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 5:47 pm

In no real order my thoughts would be like this...

McC's Red Cake 5100
Sammy G's St James Flake
Sammy G's BBF
PS LBF (just discovered this little belter)
MacB's 7 Seas Regular (Capt Black), [I can hear the groans].

That's me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 6:12 pm

ESCUDO! If you could smoke only one blend.... Cheesy20 of course, was there any doubt?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
alandadp

alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
ESCUDO! If you could smoke only one blend.... Cheesy20 of course, was there any doubt?

Really? We'd have never guessed Ron Very Happy .

As for me - it's PS LBF if I can get it or soap Condor Long Cut if I can't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:10 pm

alandadp wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

Really? We'd have never guessed Ron Very Happy .

If you could smoke only one blend.... On_the11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 8:51 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:

+1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:20 pm

You asked for one blend Jim. So here's mine-

McC 2015, w/15% added Perique.

There ya go...........

(smoking a bowl of it right now aamof! In my Sav Punto Oro 320)

Cheers,

RR

If you could smoke only one blend.... Purple11x 2If you could smoke only one blend.... Bombx10  If you could smoke only one blend.... Bombx5If you could smoke only one blend.... D6bddf10 If you could smoke only one blend.... 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
swhipple

swhipple

Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake
Rattary's Marlin Flake
and a 2nd for McClelland 2000-Fragrant Matured
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GatorNavy

GatorNavy

Registration date : 2015-03-21

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:05 pm

Luxury Navy Flake. I actually read this thread earlier and was pretty sure it was LNF, but the responses reminded me that I quite like Escudo so I had to smoke a bowl to make sure. And I'm sure: LNF. Is it weird that a bulk tobacco is my favorite?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:07 pm

If I could only smoke one, it would be Escudo or Dark Bird's Eye. Probably.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 2:29 am

I could never pick one. But if I had to I'd go Solani 660. If I was allowed a latakia, Peretti Tashkent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sloth

Sloth

Registration date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:16 am

Embarcadero.

Just a few years ago, I'd have said Tilbury. With Tilbury a chore and a half to find, I discovered that Laurel Heights gave me the same experience. I thought this was weird; I still think it's weird.

I could live with nothing but BBF if it came to that. I fear I'd tire of its richness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:40 am

My pipe smoker's nature cannot be restrictced to only 1 tobacco. So it's impossible for me to answer the question.
Back to top Go down
tslots

tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:27 am

Ditto. I enjoy and am accustomed to variety far too much for limitations at this point.

If all pipe tobacco makers suddenly decided to sell their souls to Cartaphilus and produce Escudo only for the next few years, I would just turn to my well-stocked cellar of tobaccos, snuff and cigars to keep me entertained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:47 am

PS LBF. Cool

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:50 am

Brewdude wrote:
You asked for one blend Jim.

...err, yes.  Fair point Rande!  Embarassed   Narrowing my list to one...

St James Flake...

...but now I've discovered LBF that might change...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:59 am

If the person who told me I could only smoke one blend was smaller than me, I'd fist fight him/her and refuse to limit myself.

If the person who told me was bigger, I'd grudgingly play along. In which case, GLP Telegraph Hill would be the blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:21 pm

One blend. Has to be available for all. Established. Hmm....

Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kennynogood

kennynogood

Registration date : 2015-03-31

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Only one readily available? I'm going with Pirate Kake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:33 pm

When this subject comes up every so often, I always go into my "love-hate" mode of answering. I love the question; hate having to come up with an answer. I have no "one" 'baccy;" I must have 50+ blends sitting behind me or buried in the closet!!! I haven't inventoried for quite a while. I usually think of our seldom-heard-from brother, Justpipes, when this question is posed...And can see him answer "WALNUT!!!!!" every time and on cue!!!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Well if I could only have one I suppose I might choose Sutliff PS Kasimir, all things considered. This is tough, there are just so many great blends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:54 pm

One blend, limited quantity for a specified time period? Or one blend, unlimited quantity? Seems like that would influence the choice. Smoking one blend for, like, forever, Dude, requires some heavy cogitation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 2:16 pm

I was thinking one blend, unlimited quantity, but that's for the OP to define.

Ask me tomorrow and chances are good I'd make a different choice than I have, thus proving my inability to choose one blend to have and to hold forever and ever amen.

Doesn't say much for my character does it.

Afterthought: I think it would be interesting to see JimInks wrestle with this question. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: If you could smoke only one blend....   If you could smoke only one blend.... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 2:22 pm

I originaly suggested three blend/mixtures but I'll do as requested and say that if I had to pick just ONE to smoke always it would have to be McC's FM 2000 the absolute BEST Red Va available !! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

If you could smoke only one blend....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: