HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's GLP Samarra Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's GLP Samarra Review.   Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:55 pm

Thereís a moderate amount of smoky, woody sweet Cyprian latakia that youíll notice throughout the smoke, though it never takes the lead or undercuts the other tobaccos. You will probably notice it more at the start. The Oriental/Turkish is woody, a little herbal, with some dry notes and a hint of the sour. The red Virginia is tangy dark fruit sweet with a little earth, and is a star component while allowing the others to speak to your senses. The perique is raisin and a little pepper in a minor role, and the pepper isnít evident in every single puff, but you'll know it's there. The lemon Virginia is citrusy in a supporting role. The Orientals seem to gain more prominence after the half day point, and to a small extent, that is also true of the red Va. Well balanced, complex, and rich in flavor, itís fairly smooth and slightly creamy, though you lose just a little of that at the last four or five puffs. Burns at a moderate rate; cool with no harsh spots. Leaves almost no moisture. Not an all day smoke, but not a power house either. Youíll be left standing when youíre done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Jim's GLP Samarra Review.   Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:14 pm

One of my favorite Pease mixtures for sure. Lovely blend.

I have been mixing vintages of Samarra for the last 2 years with tremendous success. I like the sweetness of the older tins and the spicier attitude of the newer tins. To my taster, mixing the two is the best of both worlds..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Jim's GLP Samarra Review.   Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Another great review Jim!

I purchased an 8oz tin of this blend almost 2 years ago and, I'm anxious to break in one of my little Luciano/ G.L. Pease nosewarmers with this blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's GLP Samarra Review.
Page 1 of 1